metal detecting today in a not so good area of town.

zincmaster

Mar 8, 2011
col. ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter quick draw 2 and at pro
so im minding my own business detecting a totlot at a local school, when i noticed a guy trying to walk up on my blindside, and i think he had bad intentions, until i laid my at pro on the ground and stood up to face him, he looked at my hand and saw my digger and all of a sudden he turns around and walks off with his buddies. watch your back out there if i hadnt caught his reflection in my sunglasses i might be telling a different story, or maby none at all.

Upvote 0

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
zincmaster said:
so im minding my own business detecting a totlot at a local school, when i noticed a guy trying to walk up on my blindside, and i think he had bad intentions, until i laid my at pro on the ground and stood up to face him, he looked at my hand and saw my digger and all of a sudden he turns around and walks off with his buddies. watch your back out there if i hadnt caught his reflection in my sunglasses i might be telling a different story, or maby none at all.
A lot of bad areas in that town................. Were i am i stay out of those areas........ It's good that that you got out safe ............................ But if i was you i would not go back there alone..................

stagger

Sep 29, 2010
Carrizozo, NM
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado Umax * Bounty Hunter Tracker 1-D/505
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is exactly why I open carry a Berertta .40 on my hip.....ALWAYS. And remember these two things, #1 you never really need a gun..........until you need it desperately, and #2 when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Police are only a minute away. What city do you live in. I lived in Toledo, Oh and we called the police on someone for trying to rob a place and it took them 20 minutes to get there and they had no excuses why it took them so long......Matt

Stanl (MI)

Apr 29, 2009
S.E. Mich.
Detector(s) used
Whites: V3i, DFX, & XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt in good & bad areas, most of the time by myself.
Unless you count the Glock 27 in my back pocket.
One occasion last summer I wasn't sure what these two suspicious acting teens were doing circling me, so I just left the area.
I've hunted the same park, actually today, many times since with no issues.
But, it only takes one time letting down your guard.
The attraction is that these areas were once part of the boom time when people carried lots of change and spilled some of it, for people like us to find.

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What do you think he was going to do? Take your md?

I stay out of South Tucson for this very reason. I'd love to detect there but it's gang infested. Worst part of town here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread