ATTN ALL MDrs - A GREAT reason to keep all you pull tabs!!

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ATTN ALL MD'rs - A GREAT reason to keep all you pull tabs!!

Hello everyone! I don't know how many of you are aware of this, but all those hateful pull tabs we dig up can be put to a good use. My 8 year old daughter and I are newbies, and are into our second weekend of detecting. She is also a Girl Scout, and her troop is collecting pull tabs to donate to the local chapter of the Ronald McDonald House Childrens Charities. It seems they collect these and sell them by the gazillion to recyclers, and they use the proceeds to help families of seriously ill children. It's a great cause, and it would be great positive publicity for our hobby to turn these in to Ronald McDonald House! You can turn them in at your local Ronald McDonald House Chapter, at most MacDonalds resturaunts, and at some other local banks or supermarkets. Most Girl Scout organizations, and some schools also collect these, so if you know of a local troop, ask them if they would like them! It's a great cause, so from now on, I will be keeping one pocket for my "treasures", one pocket for pulltabs, and one bag for all the trash! Here is a link to their site, describing the charity!!

http://www.rmhc.com/kids/poptab_collection/

Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Re: ATTN ALL MD'rs - A GREAT reason to keep all you pull tabs!!

Great Idea!!!
I didn't realize anyone still collected them... I will definitely be checking into it...
Good Luck & Happy Hunting~

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes, someone will post about this from time to time, so i have heard of it before. Good cause! 8)

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

True_Metal said:
Yes, someone will post about this from time to time, so i have heard of it before. Good cause! 8)
Yeah,I was one that posted a few months back about having almost 3 full 5-gal.buckets of pull-tabs and wondering why I kept them all.Someone(I forget who)told me I could donate them to a local elem. school.That was better than giving them to my junk collecting neighbor for scrap metal.NICE REMINDER :) H.H.

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes, i remember that post Diggummup. Thats alot of tabs :o

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri

Great idea, we do it at the school I teach at. I've been doing just that, hanging on to them until the last Fri of each month. Glad you mentioned that, the thought never crossed my mind to share this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread