Upvote 0

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that you just might be mistaken. I think that the one you have pictured is the security model that Garrett makes for checking out bad guys. The one that you want is the Garrett Pro pointer. I wondered what all the fuss was about with pinpointers until I bought the Garrett Pro pointer. Now I have no more questions. Everyone has their own preference, but my recommendation is the Garrett Pro pointer.

Google it or do a net search. You will see that is does look similar.

Good luck!

Bob

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Garrett Pro pointer hands down is the best out. Once you try one you will see why. Built like a tank too. Holler if you have questions or need pricing.
Great video here. I can make a great deal on one if your interested.

Metal Detecting Pin Pointers

Last edited:

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Garrett Propointer has become such a part of my hunting I would never leave home without it.

I hunted in the days before pinpointers and I will tell you honestly they are a blessing from the detector gods. :D

The good ones are not cheap. Who cares? Get one and you will not be disappointed.

It will never leave your side.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Smudge said:
The Garrett Propointer has become such a part of my hunting I would never leave home without it.

I hunted in the days before pinpointers and I will tell you honestly they are a blessing from the detector gods. :D

The good ones are not cheap. Who cares? Get one and you will not be disappointed.

It will never leave your side.
Agreed.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Garrett Propointer is my fourth pinpointer and by miles, the best.

BarberDan

May 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now hold on fellas....don't forget about the Sun Ray probe! It's awesome too....maybe even more awesome than the Garrett. I love mine, and never have to worry about forgetting it, because it is fixed to my machine. Also you can use the pinpoint on the probe to tell exactly where the metal is.

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you want to find that target every time, get a pistol probe. :wink:

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I use a Garrett Pro Pointer on land, a Vibra Tector 730 to pinpoint in the water.
I agree that pinpointing really makes the game a lot easier and more enjoyable. I even bought one of those cheap CenTech metal detectors (that work as a pinpointer) for those times when I'm taking someone out for their 'first time', I have a cheap pinpointer to let them use.

Those CenTechs are pretty decent. Not as good as a Garrett, but the difference in performance between them isn't nearly as wide as their difference in price. If you're on a tight budget and can't afford a Pro Pointer, head over to Harbor Freight and pick one up. You'll be glad you did.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BarberDan said:
Now hold on fellas....don't forget about the Sun Ray probe! It's awesome too....maybe even more awesome than the Garrett. I love mine, and never have to worry about forgetting it, because it is fixed to my machine. Also you can use the pinpoint on the probe to tell exactly where the metal is.

Sunray doesn't make probes for every type of detector out there. Us Tesoro users are out of luck. Plus, you have to have one for every brand of detector you own. If you are like many detectorists you want to be able to switch machines based on conditions and whims. Unless your machines are all compatible with the same Sunray probe then this can be problematic.

suprdave

Aug 3, 2010
LeFlore County Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my bullseye pointer by white bit the dust today so i decided to buy the Garrett propointer to replace the bullseye which i have been totally satisfied with . it has done everything i have asked of it but it started acting wierd lately . if the propointer works as well as everyone says it does then ill be totally happy Suprdave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions