California Roll Call

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I'm a hour south of San Jose. For purposes of local geographic interests/matters, most of the CA hunters hang out on the Kinzli forum. Several from the SF bay area there chime in.

OP
OP
Cool Hand Fluke

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tom_in_CA said:
I'm a hour south of San Jose. For purposes of local geographic interests/matters, most of the CA hunters hang out on the Kinzli forum. Several from the SF bay area there chime in.

I tried to join that forum a few months ago and was not allowed to join. Something about over capacity with its present members?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fluke, nah, that doesn't sound right. Try again. There's no "cap" or whatever, so I have no idea what you're saying.

PS: you know we charge a tax for anyone north of the golden gate bridge for the priveledge of detecting SF parks don't you? The rate is 10% of all your finds. Just paypal me the required duty-tax, and there won't be any problems, ok? :laughing7:

shepcal

Mar 19, 2003
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Shep here in middle eastern CA, wish we could secede from the left coast, but oh well. Just hunt gold anymore, but dang seated liberty's keep getting in the way ;-)
Shep

Ratman

Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So.Cal (Los Angeles area) local here ! I get my kicks in the turf ! Also a long time member on Kinzli . :icon_thumright:

HH
Mike :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
Cool Hand Fluke

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tom_in_CA said:
Fluke, nah, that doesn't sound right. Try again. There's no "cap" or whatever, so I have no idea what you're saying.

PS: you know we charge a tax for anyone north of the golden gate bridge for the priveledge of detecting SF parks don't you? The rate is 10% of all your finds. Just paypal me the required duty-tax, and there won't be any problems, ok? :laughing7:

It is bad enough that I have to pay that stinking Golden Gate Bride car toll everytime I go across to get into S.F. It's 6 bucks a pop now, it will probably be 7 or 8 dollars if the politicians get there way. >:(

rey914v8

Mar 25, 2011
Silicon Valley
Detector(s) used
Silver umax + 12x10
REY914v8 here in San Jose by Great Amierica, Anybody hunt in hollister. I have a brother that has 100 acres farm land there don't know the history don't know if it would be any good for hunting its right off of 152 before casa de fruta

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Hey rey914v8, depends on which "side" of casa de fruita you're referring to. There's one particular 1830s adobe site, within a few miles of there, which I've tried to get permission to hunt on. But there's a modern home on the site, and guy tells me "no". :-[ Even if not specifically on your brother's land, yet you know how property owners often "know" each other neighbor's :icon_thumleft: I'll drop you a PM with the details.

rey914v8

Mar 25, 2011
Silicon Valley
Detector(s) used
Silver umax + 12x10
Hi Tom, he is SW of casa de fruta about 10 miles back right off 152 right past lovers lane He built a new home there. He has been there in the area for 30 years. I have ask him and his wife to hunt there they have no problem with it, its just that they lease the land out to farmers. There is area that i want to hunt in a stand of trees along the property.
The 1830 house you ask about is of 101?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
No, the adobe site I have in mind is many miles from there, closer over by 156. (although I've hit some adobe sites further over towards 101, and done good in year's past at them) As for your brother's location, there was the San Filepe stage stop right in that area (a little more east of lovers lane). And a 1 room school house site north of 152, in the lovers lane area. Drop me a PM, and I'll fill you in on where we've detected in that area, places we've researched, etc....

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So Cal here. I hit Seal Beach, Sunset Beach, Huntington (once in awhile) Santa Monica and have been known to go to San Diego. Look for the guy with the blue back pack swinging a Whites PI or Minelab Safari. HH

Paul M

Jun 25, 2011
First post here. New to metal detecting but just got a Garrett Ace 250. I live in northern Tehama County right on the Shasta county line.
I am going to try to get out after the 4th of July and see what I can find.
I'm almost 65 , old and broke down but still like to hunt. LOL

Silver Slayer

Jun 19, 2010
CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, XS, Minelab Excalibur Sea search, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Northern CA ...Bay-Area...willing to hunt with other Bay-Area hunters :coffee2:

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI ho neighbors,
I'm in SE Tulare County. (The hot end of the valley). Been hunting about 4.5 years, using mostly a DFX or a MXT.

jeepcj5

Jan 12, 2011
Nampa Idaho
Detector(s) used
Etrac, xterra 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aloha friends, I'm in Antelope a little suburb between Sacramento and Roseville, i hunt turf mostly, and get all around the area from gold country to places west along the Sac river.... HH all and if you're ever in Sactown shoot me a PM and lets hunt together, Tom is right, i think most cali boys hang @ Kinzli's...

dagreat

Feb 28, 2010
Upper Lake
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000 with 11" M/DD and GoldScreamer pack
Etrac with 15x18 SEF & 10" Slimeline with inline Sunray
F75 with 11" & 5" DD with inline Sunray for my son
Garrett Infinium with 14" DD, 8" mono and 3x7 DD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lake county, ca here. My hunting partner is from Santa Rosa. We hit ghost, Sr and various other sites. Always looking for a fellow hunter to join.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TerryC here in Murphys (or Yarnell AZ, or anyplace between). At 3000 ft, midway Between Sac and the ski slopes of Alpine. About 2100 on weekdays and 10,000 on weekends. I like (lately) gold prospecting but also parks and old sites. Have been panning the rocks east of L A since '82. Roots in the Milwaukee area and BFO units of the early '70's. Lately, into heavier equipment use in AZ and Northcentral CA. At 62, and a hard driving lifestyle, I'm slowing down a bit! But, lookout, on a good day I will surprise you! TTC

Old California

Jul 16, 2006
Central California
For rey914v8,

Tom is right, He knows that area well and if you need a map of that area near lovers lane drop me a pm and I'll forward you an 1870s map of that area in the future. I can also narrow down and give you pre-1870s infor if there were structures on your brothers property just need a bit more information from you.

Not too far from there is a settlement, I believe virgin territory based from my research been researching this site for about 4 years now, Finally got the site located now need to secure permission to enter the property.

It's on cattle land and will need to hike in, Looking forward to the late fall early winter for this hunt if I can get permission. Would stake a weeks wages that it's never been detected, Possibly may even be a graveyard of large relics, wagon wheels and such as it was off the main trail.

Paul (Ca)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions