:: Asking for advice :: FROM JORDAN

MOMO ZOOM

Greenie
Jun 12, 2011
North (Irbid)
Hi all :read2:

Could anyone help me please with a list of specific type of metal detectors like this Features :
1-Find gold and silver (coins in small quantities , Cavities ,relics, gold nugget, veins).
2-Detection Depth (10-15 feet ) and give a perfect and ideal results.
3-Stable operation in the most severe ground conditions( excluding beaches )
4-give the best results even in the toughest mineral conditions
5-Power Source: Rechargeable Battery , AA-Batteries are more desirable /Car Charger/ Universal AC wall Charge.

I really would appreciate any help :help:
Thank you for taking the time to consider my request :hello:

"Sorry, my English isn't good"
BEST REGARDS ,
MOHAMMAD KAMAL :walk:

Upvote 0

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to Tnet........But........I don't think they make a perfect detector like the one you want................. If they did we all would have one............No there is no detector that will give " Perfect & Ideal " results.......

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
rey914v8 said:
Is the a hand held detector that can go 10 to 15 feet? :dontknow:
The Garrett GTI 2500 with the 2 box Treasure Hound Eagle Eye Depth Multiplier.....

Attachments

• b5_1.jpg
    b5_1.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 626

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Here we go again!!!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Did you mean 10 to 15 "feet" or "inches"? The only thing that can be detected at 10 "feet", is perhaps a volkswagon using a 2 box detector. But since you say "coins in small quantities" I'm going to assume that any cache you speak of, is not going to be in a box volkswagon sized. Perhaps you're thinking more like Jar or can sized? Or were you referring to individual coins? Your question needs to be refined.

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For extreme depth, and for finding cavities, ground penetrating radar is probably the best bet. Or a magnetometer. Neither of those will find small relics though like coins. A magnetometer will show large iron, and ferrous metals, but I don't think that's quite what you are looking for.

OP
OP
MOMO ZOOM

MOMO ZOOM

Greenie
Jun 12, 2011
North (Irbid)
HELLO
THANK U ALL FOR RESPONDING WITH ME ...

JORDAN IS A VERY RICH COUNTRY IN GOLD AND SILVER( JARS / STATUES / Ancient manuscripts ) FROM OLD Civilizations.
THE MAIN PROBLEM IS THAT USING OR HAVING METAL DETECTORS IS "FORBIDDEN" ، SO I NEED TO BUY A GOOD METAL DETECTOR .

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet. :hello:
If metal detectors are "Forbidden," having a good one is no different. Detectors that can find large objects at extreme depths like at 15 feet are not good at finding small coils. Ones that are good at coins and jewelry are not good at locating things deeper than about 15 inches. All metal detectors can find silver and gold if you don't discriminate out to much iron. Ones that are good at finding small gold nuggets also find lots of bird shot or tiny iron nails. We don't get rich doing this as it is just a hobby for most of us. Once in a while someone will stumble on a really nice ring, but if you count the hours spend swinging the coil and digging all the junk we still come out at a loss in $$$, but you can't put a price on fun.

Good Luck,
Sandman

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Most of these replies are trying to make a point ! What you are after requires at least 2 detectors. For deep, large targets I use a 2 box detector. It will pick up ammo. box size targets at 12' with no problem. It won't pick up small targets which is good in trashy areas. For general use I use a Whites XLT. It will pick up any any metal target to about 2'. On the beach I use a Whites Surfmaster PI pro. It will pick up targets to app. 2'. It is not effected by salt or black sand, and it is waterproof. For detecting along the sand troff in the serf, app.5'deep, I use a small hand held detector that is waterproof. It is called A Vibra-Tector. It is limited to app.6" dept which is all you want in that situation.

You have to nail down the basic factors. Type target, target size and target dept, then you look for a detector that fits your specs. Frank

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
MOMO ZOOM said:
HELLO

JORDAN IS A VERY RICH COUNTRY IN GOLD AND SILVER( JARS / STATUES / Ancient manuscripts ) FROM OLD Civilizations.
THE MAIN PROBLEM IS THAT USING OR HAVING METAL DETECTORS IS "FORBIDDEN" ، SO I NEED TO BUY A GOOD METAL DETECTOR .

I don't know about you, but sitting in a Jordanian prison over possessing a metal detector doesn't sound like something I'd want to do.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LSMorgan said:
MOMO ZOOM said:
HELLO

I don't know about you, but sitting in a Jordanian prison over possessing a metal detector doesn't sound like something I'd want to do.

Any wonder archaeologists hate detectorists. Let's go detect illegally and take ancient artifacts that belong in a museum. Been seeing a few of these folks from Mideast asking about detectors to detect illegally.

I'm all for being able to detect within certain ethical guidelines but some of these folks are jumping way over the line...IMO. Almost sound like tomb raiders to me.

Al

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'm amazed at the number of members who have offered suggestions regarding equipment that will assist this guy in the commission of (by his own admission) a crime. In one of my past lines of work, we'd call this an 'aiding and abetting' activity.
Don.......

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mackaydon said:
I'm amazed at the number of members who have offered suggestions regarding equipment that will assist this guy in the commission of (by his own admission) a crime. In one of my past lines of work, we'd call this an 'aiding and abetting' activity.
Don.......

Looks to me Like most Gave advice Before Knowing

HELLO

I realy feel sorry for you That your
Country Thinks like draconian archaeologists !

But Feel I Would be Wrong to
Give you advice to Break the Law.

Sorry :(

OP
OP
MOMO ZOOM

MOMO ZOOM

Greenie
Jun 12, 2011
North (Irbid)
[size=14pt]
When I said "FORBIDDEN" , that doesn't mean they but you in a jail or get some bad treatment .

they just do their routine job by :

1- confiscation. :o
2- But your name in the "diggers" record. ???

and when I buy the machine I will bring it in Jordan by some of the Neighboring Countries

let us say it is a hobby with some of the typical Middle East obstacles​

Attachments

• gold detector.jpg
    gold detector.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 461
  • gold detector.jpg
    gold detector.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 376
OP
OP
MOMO ZOOM

MOMO ZOOM

Greenie
Jun 12, 2011
North (Irbid)
Which do you think the closest metal detector from the list below will accomplish this missions and capture the targets :

Mission one : it is a rainy day , the ground is rough (mixed, not a beach ) , the target is a can of soda filled with gold or silver coins , the depth is (3 feet / 90 cm ) .

Mission two : it is another rainy day , the ground is rough (mixed, not a beach) , the target is a box ( 15 cm3) filled with gold or silver coins, the depth is (6.5 feet / 200 cm).

I have never before used a metal detector !!!!!!!!!!

Please help me to choose , and you can choose more than one ( from your best expectation to the worse ) , and if you have another model of metal detector doesn't mentioned in the list you can just write it down please .

Best regards ,
Mohammad Kamal

Jeotech Deep Seeking LED Treasure Hunter metal detector
Minelab EUREKA GOLD METAL DETECTOR
Fisher Gemini-3
White's TM 808
GTI-2500 PRO Plus Treasure Hound with Eagle Eye
Minelab Explorer SE Pro Metal Detectors
White's DFX 300 Metal Detector
Nautilus VLF DMC II-B Metal Detector
Tesoro Tejon
RED HEAT XD 17 MICRO
XP (Goldmaxx or Goldmaxx Power)
F75 LTD BLK

Attachments

• gold detector.jpg
    gold detector.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 386
  • gold detector.jpg
    gold detector.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 373

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I know it's more "in your face" when someone blatantly says "I'm not allowed to detect, but give me some pointers for when I do it anyhow". Then naturally what follows, is the obvious observations of several folks here, who chide the person for breaking laws, and for others that "aid and abett" him, etc...

But for those of you who have made this observation, please remember, that you too are breaking laws, no matter how innocuous the site you hunt here in the USA. For example:

a) if an item you found is worth over $250, did you turn it in to the police lost & found as required by law?

b) did you call the utility co. before you dig? That's a law you know, which makes no exception for the depth you intend to dig to.

c) even if your park allows metal detecting, did you check to make sure they allow "digging"?

d) if your item is over 50 or 100 yrs. old (an IH, barber, or whatever), did you check with the archaeologist in your state to make sure you aren't in violation of some cultural heritage laws? I bet you are.

There are some European countries with downright dire sounding laws (that seem to all but disallow it). But oddly, there is no shortage of hobbyists in those countries. Even clubs, dealers, forums, etc.... And when you ask those people "I thought detecting wasn't allowed there?". They chuckle and tell you that those laws only apply to federal or state public lands (so they hunt farmers fields till their hearts content). Or that, quite frankly ..... they're so far back in the woods or deserts or whatever, there's no one there to complain.

I wouldn't advise anyone to "rob tombs" or "pillage archie sites", etc... (we can all agree on that). But if this fellows "box" is out in the middle of nowhere (for argument's sake), and I was him, I wouldn't let it sit and rot for eternity either.

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think the whole subject and reactions are a bit of overkill.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread