Just recieved my first metal detector

T

Texan

Just recieved my first metal detector today (Troy Shadow X2), and wouldnt you know it ,ITS POURING DOWN RAIN.
So... I've been laying out metal objects around the house and trying to get a feel for what to expect.
Since a manual didnt come with this e-bay purchase, I really dont know what settings I should use.
Are any of you guys familiar with this metal detector, and if so what settings would you recomend?
The soil here (Dallas Tx. area) has a very high clay content.
Any info would be a BIG help.
Thanks in advance

Upvote 0

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, Texan 8) I was gonna give ya a suggestion but BBJ beat me to it. 8)

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear its a good machine, but very rich for my blood as far as costs.
how much did you get it for on E-Bay ?

OP
OP
T

Texan

Torrero
I got it for 255.00 on e-bay, which I understand is a "good" average price. I probably should have been more patient, to find a better price, because 255.00 "right now" was a little rich for my blood.

M

mrmark55

Congratulations on your purchase.? Be patient, if there is one thing that I have found out lliving here in? East TX it is that if you don't like the weather today, just wait a day and it will change.? I llive between Longview and Tyler and use a DFX and have never returned empty handed.? Hang in there when the weather clears you are gonna have a ball!? You will find that your results will change as the soil dries out but wet or dry its the greatest hobby around!? The guys as the clubs swear by those Shadows so I think you made a fair purchase and will have good results.? Just remember there is a learning curve to all the machines, some a little longer than others.? I discover something new everytime I go out.? Happy Hunting!

Shutterbug

Nov 6, 2004
Welcome to the club!! This is a great hobby that you will enjoy for years.... One thing about testing the detector in the house... It will pick up all the nails in the flooring... If you dig them up the house may fall down... ;D Have fun and Happy Hunting!

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Texan said:
Torrero
I got it for 255.00 on e-bay, which I understand is a "good" average price. I probably should have been more patient, to find a better price, because 255.00 "right now" was a little rich for my blood.

Althought the Shadow X2 is an older model ( I think the X5 is current) I have to say you did a good job price wise, as the machines run about $1200 -$ 1500 for the new ones.. ( THATS TOO RICH FOR MY BLOOD :) )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread