Detecting at night

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
They have little bike riding lights at walmart that strap to your forehead that works pretty good? ;D
Got me one awhile back, & have used it in the yard during the sumer...
The model I have is one that has " LED's " insted of a regular light bulb,,, works great...
Light.JPG

Good luck & Happy Hunting~

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like i said before, Bergie. I have a couple of headlamps i use for night fishing for big browns that we can use. Just say when and i'm there 8)

OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Hey, cool, I guess you could attach em all over and light up a field. How about we go to that dangerous park in the middle of the city and try it out? Talk about bringing an element of danger to the sport.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Are you allowed in the parks after dark? Here in Indy it is agaist the law to be in a park after dark? >:(
I'm sure that if we could me & my hunting parter would sure hit'em... Been wanting to get out and find a site that would be safe to hunt at night...

P.S> This forum needs a chat room... ;D

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We go to that park at night and you can have the both headlamps and detect. I will settle for an sks and a spotlight to stand guard so the crack critters dont get ya ;D

OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Ok, name the theoretically most dangerous location to metal detect at night. I'll throw out being an American detecting outside a mosque in Fallujah. Anyone?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say in a Leper Colony ;D

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004
The back yard of my house without permisson! Cladius. (Two dogs and target range) Do you feel lucky ? Well do ya?

OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Hey, I like em. How about around the old boarded up house in the original Night of the Living Dead movie.

OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
How about out in the woods, first day of hunting season, dressed in a deer outfit with HUGE antlers.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have hunted beaches many times at night, there is a small headlamp you can buy at lows / homedepo that straps on. I you go out in a full moon on the beach you won't need it, or if your
on a beach like Myrtle Beach at night then the hotel lights are plenty bright enough.
I used to go the beach on weekends, leave here at 8-9 pm get to Myrtle beach park my pickup truck
and hunt on the beach all night until the tide came in then go to 24 hour Dennys get a bite while
the tide started back out, and hunt till dawn. then look for a hotel to crash in as I could hardly walk from the exoustion. It was an experiance.
I also went one time with a friend (only one time mine you) to a field in Virginia where he swore
that many Confederate buttons had been dug, it was very dark and about 1am I had a light
but there was some snow on the ground in fog, and after our eys got ajusted, we did not
need the light, not to mention my buddy was not to sure about that "permission" thing....
I have a Whites DFX which has a back light, to see the what the target might be.
We stumbled around in that field for 2-3 hours, and did not get much a few minnie balls and a few flat buttons.....
It was an adventure..... to be sure..

mavrick03

Sep 29, 2004
Stafford Va
here in va just about anyplace you hunt is a big risk just about everything is posted so .....just call me comando mav ....night vision googles are fun to use :P

mav

Hank

Oct 25, 2004
Charlotte,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, BH, Tesoro, et al
True_Metal said:
Bergie, we should go hunt Central Park at night.? :D

"Nighthawkers"....my kinda people. Central Park... very tempting target....doubt we would remain undiscovered for long.

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I often hunt beaches at night. I don't use a head lamp though-- rather I let my eyes adjust to the dark. Lights tend to call attention to you, and there are places I don't care to do that.

There are lots of parks here that are illegal to be in at night, but there are folks who are there anyway... most of them are the type that get me thinking I don't want to be hunting there in the daylight!

oravikmatt

Nov 8, 2004
Dahn Tahn Pittsburgh, US of A
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-X
I tried it one time at a spooky looking abandoned farm house. I was there for like 10 minutes when I heard all this noise coming from inside the house. I left immediately!

-Matt.

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
On a large stretch of Padre Island off the coast of Texas stretching from Corpus to the Mexican border is a perfect place to MD . Problem is that it is SOOOOO against the law !! But does that stop folks ??? NOOOOOO it doesn't . The rangers patrol at night in their Broncos (or whatever they have now , this was some years back) just to find bad little MD'ers . Sooooo the interloping beeper dudes got smart . They figured out how to detect silently so they could both find targets and hear the rangers driving nearby . They rigged a wire from the disabled speaker to a card holding 10 LED lights which they clipped in the bill of their baseball caps . The amount of lights that lit up determined the strength of the signal . They could pinpoint a target just like with headphones BUT could still be kinda invisible .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread