Detecting at night
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Detecting at night

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Aug 2004
    903 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Detecting at night

Anyone hard core enough to get a miners hat with a lamp and detect at night?
    sandy shoes likes this.

us
    Jul 2004
    Indy
    Cz3d
    15 times

Re: Detecting at night

They have little bike riding lights at walmart that strap to your forehead that works pretty good?
    Got me one awhile back, & have used it in the yard during the sumer...
    The model I have is one that has " LED's " insted of a regular light bulb,,, works great...

Good luck & Happy Hunting~

us
    Minelab Metal Militia

Aug 2004
    Smoky Mountains
    Minelab Whites
    27 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Like i said before, Bergie. I have a couple of headlamps i use for night fishing for big browns that we can use. Just say when and i'm there 8)

Aug 2004
    903 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Hey, cool, I guess you could attach em all over and light up a field. How about we go to that dangerous park in the middle of the city and try it out? Talk about bringing an element of danger to the sport.

us
    Jul 2004
    Indy
    Cz3d
    15 times

Are you allowed in the parks after dark? Here in Indy it is agaist the law to be in a park after dark?
    I'm sure that if we could me & my hunting parter would sure hit'em... Been wanting to get out and find a site that would be safe to hunt at night...

P.S> This forum needs a chat room...

us
    Minelab Metal Militia

Aug 2004
    Smoky Mountains
    Minelab Whites
    27 times

We go to that park at night and you can have the both headlamps and detect. I will settle for an sks and a spotlight to stand guard so the crack critters dont get ya

us
    Minelab Metal Militia

Aug 2004
    Smoky Mountains
    Minelab Whites
    27 times

Bergie, we should go hunt Central Park at night.

Mar 2004
    2 times

Can be the best (or only) time to hunt beaches depending on tides and regs. Cladius.

Aug 2004
    903 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Ok, name the theoretically most dangerous location to metal detect at night. I'll throw out being an American detecting outside a mosque in Fallujah. Anyone?

us
    Nov 2004
    Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
    7 times

Detecting on an artillery range.
    BH 505
    4" Coil
    8" Coil
    10" Coil

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County Tower City
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    34978 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I'd say in a Leper Colony

Mar 2004
    2 times

The back yard of my house without permisson! Cladius. (Two dogs and target range) Do you feel lucky ? Well do ya?

Aug 2004
    903 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Hey, I like em. How about around the old boarded up house in the original Night of the Living Dead movie.

Aug 2004
    903 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

How about out in the woods, first day of hunting season, dressed in a deer outfit with HUGE antlers.

us
    URBAN DISCOVERY !

Nov 2004
    NC
    WHITES DFX, TESORO
    47 times

I have hunted beaches many times at night, there is a small headlamp you can buy at lows / homedepo that straps on. I you go out in a full moon on the beach you won't need it, or if your
    on a beach like Myrtle Beach at night then the hotel lights are plenty bright enough.
    I used to go the beach on weekends, leave here at 8-9 pm get to Myrtle beach park my pickup truck
    and hunt on the beach all night until the tide came in then go to 24 hour Dennys get a bite while
    the tide started back out, and hunt till dawn. then look for a hotel to crash in as I could hardly walk from the exoustion. It was an experiance.
    I also went one time with a friend (only one time mine you) to a field in Virginia where he swore
    that many Confederate buttons had been dug, it was very dark and about 1am I had a light
    but there was some snow on the ground in fog, and after our eys got ajusted, we did not
    need the light, not to mention my buddy was not to sure about that "permission" thing....
    I have a Whites DFX which has a back light, to see the what the target might be.
    We stumbled around in that field for 2-3 hours, and did not get much a few minnie balls and a few flat buttons.....
    It was an adventure..... to be sure..
    URBAN DISCOVERY !
    DISCOVERING, RECOVERING, PRESERVING AMERICAN AND WORLD TREASURES ONE PIECE AT A TIME

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links