Question About The TEKNETICS Delta 4000

Yagershots

Jun 2, 2011
North East
Good Afternoon All,

I was reading an awesome thread posted by hombre_de_plata_flaco "Best Metal Detector For Around $250.00". This was a great thread topic because this is around the price I want to spend for my first setup.

The only question I have about the Delta 4000 is will it work on a beach / shallow surf / wet sand? I'm worried about the saltwater. I know the coil is waterproof and not to get the control box wet. We have a trip to Cancun Mexico planed and I wanted to get up early and MD before my wife wakes up from her hangover(s).

If this MD'er will not work maybe I can get some suggestions on one that would work here at home in the NE and in Mexico. I want to get the ball rolling ASAP so I can practice here on dry land before our trip in September.

I also have to say this whole site and it's people are Awesome :notworthy: :notworthy:

Thanks Again... John HH

Upvote 0

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The dry sand it will do ok. Wet sand not so much. Thats had for any single frequency machine to do. Almost have to have PI unit or dual frequency to penetrate the salt water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread