Coil swinging locations in Md.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
General Braddock had a skirmish with Indians and camped overnight at the top of old Welch Hill. Eight of his men were killed and buried in a row on the top of the hill. The camp might provide some finds. Frank

There are some abounded coal camps, now ghost towns in the Georges Creek region. They might prove interesting to search. Frank

Upvote 0

suprdave

Aug 3, 2010
LeFlore County Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if i could spend some time in md i think it would be at the beach at ocean city looking for gold . everyone seems to find lots of stuff there .

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
It's pretty good pickings at OC , I am going to swing by there after I check out a cache location. Will probably hit Assateque's north end; the state park ,Indian River and Lewes also. There is no shortage of the small stuff. Frank

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember the ground was here before the settlers homesteaded so just about anywhere you will find stuff if you get out and search any ground that isn't paved instead of hitting the places everyone else has searched a thousand times.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Sandman you have a point there, but I get a bit more specific. There are a lot of discontinued paths and road beads out there in the woods and fields. I just found an Indian head penny on an old road that went to an old church long ago. I got it right here. It is 1902. Frank

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what part of Md. your in but When I was a kid we used to roam the patch of woods between Oxon Hill H.S. and John Hanson Junior H.S. (now Montessori school). We found all kinds of old relics in those woods from old bottles and tin cans to musket balls to piles of old animal bones and an arrowhead or two also. That area is rich in history going well back into the time of the American Revolution. I remember there being an old homestead right in the back s.w. corner of the field at John Hanson j.h.s. right at the edge of the woods, there was nothing left but a foundation depression in the ground an a little spit of water we called Miller's pond, this was in the 1970's. The pond is gone and a new lake or retainer pond is just west of it now. It appears to still be there on google maps http://tinyurl.com/6x9gfvs . Of course the area is a little rough nowadays from what I hear but that's what Smith & Wesson is for. If I was up there I would be all over those woods and fields with a metal detector this time!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread