XLT discimination edit question

Metalmole

Apr 6, 2011
New York
Detector(s) used
White's Classic ID, XLT spectrum, Coinmaster TR, Whites Prizm 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been researching alot of different programs online to set up my xlt to get deeper targets. I have everthing set up but the discrimination. I cant seem to figure out how to set the discrimination up. when i start changing it the check mark keeps moving when i use the arrows. Anyone have this problem? I want to set the accept and reject up to different number but everytime i do it they stay the same.

thanks
Mole

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not sure I understand. You'd have better luck on asking in the White's section.

The way to get the XLT to respond to deeper targets is to use a larger coil, use no disc, increase gain & sense, use good headphones.

oldcoon

Jul 10, 2010
Middletown, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Listen to the Sandman. Also use the tones and learn to listen to those high pitched tones that mean silver. Watch your numbers and turn off those bleeping icons.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Trying to get dept and discrimination at the same time is like having your cake and eating it to. It can't be done. When you go for dept, you are fighting discriminating out all that soil between target and coil. There is no leeway left ! If you want extreme dept from an XLT just put it in the prospect prog. That is the max dept you are going to get. It will pickup one piece of #6 shot at several inches But don't ask it to discriminate at the same time. You have the best multiuse detector out there, why screw it up? Frank

OP
OP
Metalmole

Metalmole

Apr 6, 2011
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OKay thanks for the replies ill just leave it alone :P

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Frankn said:
Trying to get dept and discrimination at the same time is like having your cake and eating it to. It can't be done. When you go for dept, you are fighting discriminating out all that soil between target and coil. There is no leeway left ! If you want extreme dept from an XLT just put it in the prospect prog. That is the max dept you are going to get. It will pickup one piece of #6 shot at several inches But don't ask it to discriminate at the same time. You have the best multiuse detector out there, why screw it up? Frank

That sounds like a true all metal mode there. If you want depth all metal is the only way to go. Once a signal is run through any kind of filtering circuit (discrimination) then you will lose part of that signal. Of course the downside is you have to actually dig the target up to see what it is. But who in this hobby doesn't like to dig in the dirt anyway.

-Swartzie

OP
OP
Metalmole

Metalmole

Apr 6, 2011
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you guys say faint deep signals are they chirps? or just really quiet?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Normally you get a kind of hum on a target. The cherp is sharp and short. I usually get it when I am in the coin/jewerly mode and pass over a large iron object. The large target slightly overides the discrimination temporaly. When I got my XLT pro the custom programs had a strange program in one that has different tones for different objects. Never played with it much. Frank

OP
OP
Metalmole

Metalmole

Apr 6, 2011
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
Normally you get a kind of hum on a target. The cherp is sharp and short. I usually get it when I am in the coin/jewerly mode and pass over a large iron object. The large target slightly overides the discrimination temporaly. When I got my XLT pro the custom programs had a strange program in one that has different tones for different objects. Never played with it much. Frank

Okay I will try the coin program without tones and pay close attention for the hums.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread