could someone one tell me please whitch machene is better the delta 4000 or the

DeArmitt Pa

Jun 7, 2009
Johnstown, Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Teknetics Delta would get right around the same depth as both the F2 and the 305. Plus the Delta has a few more options to play with than both machines too. The F2 you know takes 2 9V's. The Delta takes 1 9V, and the 305 takes 4 AA's. They all have 8 inch coils. They all have pinpoint. The Delta and the F2 have 5 year warranties. The 305 has a 3 year warranty. The 305 is the most expensive, the delta the second most, and the F2 is the cheapest.

Best Regards,
John DeArmitt

Fort Bedford Metal Detectors
www.fortbedfordmetaldetectors.com

Theakiki

Dec 28, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX550
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never used either machene, so I can't say whitch machene is best. :dontknow:

OP
OP
G

gringoo

Feb 15, 2011
DeArmitt Pa said:
The Teknetics Delta would get right around the same depth as both the F2 and the 305. Plus the Delta has a few more options to play with than both machines too. The F2 you know takes 2 9V's. The Delta takes 1 9V, and the 305 takes 4 AA's. They all have 8 inch coils. They all have pinpoint. The Delta and the F2 have 5 year warranties. The 305 has a 3 year warranty. The 305 is the most expensive, the delta the second most, and the F2 is the cheapest.

Best Regards,
John DeArmitt

thanks

gringoo
thanks

DeArmitt Pa

Jun 7, 2009
Johnstown, Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Mike, :hello:

I always go with out of the box settings for new MD'ers. I will agree that with experiance the 305 will be the deeper machine out of the ones listed here. But you always got to start somewhere.

John

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the Delta and was very pleased with it. Good machine for the money. Traded it in on a T2 but wished I had kept it for a back up unit...dug some deep targets with it......

OP
OP
G

gringoo

Feb 15, 2011
m bryan said:
I had the Delta and was very pleased with it. Good machine for the money. Traded it in on a T2 but wished I had kept it for a back up unit...dug some deep targets with it......

thanks

gringoo

OP
OP
G

gringoo

Feb 15, 2011
DeArmitt Pa said:
Hey Mike, :hello:

I always go with out of the box settings for new MD'ers. I will agree that with experiance the 305 will be the deeper machine out of the ones listed here. But you always got to start somewhere.

John

thanks for the reply

gringoo

OP
OP
G

gringoo

Feb 15, 2011
DeArmitt Pa said:

Best Regards,
John DeArmitt

thanks very mutch

gringoo

OP
OP
G

gringoo

Feb 15, 2011
Theakiki said:
I've never used either machene, so I can't say whitch machene is best. :dontknow:
d sur

its like the guy who jumped off the golden gate bridge an survived, he said he new it was a mistake as soon as his feet left the railing.

brucebob

Jun 14, 2011
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
I'm a beginner metal detector and just purchased the Delta 4000 about a month ago. So far I've hit up my yard and a few parks, hope to make it out to the river where tons of people go swimming sometime soon. I was pretty much able to use it right out of the box. Haven't found anything too spectactular yet, just some clad coins, tons of pop tabs, nails and a few older toys.

I've been happy with it so far, I know that once I put in some more hours and start getting a good feel for the machine, I will find some good stuff. If you buy from KellyCo, don't let all the free gifts sway your decesion, it's mostly junk, including the free pinpointer!

OP
OP
G

gringoo

Feb 15, 2011
brucebob said:
I'm a beginner metal detector and just purchased the Delta 4000 about a month ago. So far I've hit up my yard and a few parks, hope to make it out to the river where tons of people go swimming sometime soon. I was pretty much able to use it right out of the box. Haven't found anything too spectactular yet, just some clad coins, tons of pop tabs, nails and a few older toys.

I've been happy with it so far, I know that once I put in some more hours and start getting a good feel for the machine, I will find some good stuff. If you buy from KellyCo, don't let all the free gifts sway your decesion, it's mostly junk, including the free pinpointer!

thanks brucebob

i think i will stick with f2 and my tesoro

gringoo

Left4Dead

Greenie
Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000, Ace 250
Facts

Delta 4000 has over f2

1. One 9v still over 20 hours Vs 2
2. Volume control
3. Higher Freq
4. Lighter
5. Larger Display

OP
OP
G

gringoo

Feb 15, 2011
Left4Dead said:
Facts

Delta 4000 has over f2

2. Volume control
3. Higher Freq
4. Lighter
5. Larger Display

thanks leftfordead

gringoo

joeman

Mar 19, 2011
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro, BH 840 VLF-TR
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gringoo said:
Left4Dead said:
Facts

Delta 4000 has over f2

2. Volume control
3. Higher Freq
4. Lighter
5. Larger Display

Yeah, 'one' 9V vs 2 is a definite bonus and the Volume control is a NICE feature that a lot of detectors still don't have.. (I wished I had that ON my AT PRO for water hunting..) The Higher frequency will definitely help in finding 'identifying' the good stuff. Weight isn't an issue for me (right now), but I'd say that the size of that display is HUGE, which makes for easy viewing in the sun and shade, etc...

Delta Package with the pointer for a beginner is probably the way to go. Having said that, if I 'KNEW' the person had already had a taste of metal detecting and really enjoyed it, I'd probably steer them to the AT PRO or something along those lines...

Cheers,

thanks leftfordead

gringoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread