MD Coil Covers

C

Charles Miller

I have 2 interchangeable Tesoro coils -- the standard 8" concentric coil (which is open in the center) and the 7" concentric coil (closed in the center). I purchased the appropriate coil covers for each (Tesoro covers). When they arrived, the 8" cover slipped on perfectly and stayed put. The 7" cover, however, simply will not attach to the 7" coil -- the cover is apparently too small. I measured the coil and the cover, and they are exactly the same diameter, and that's the problem. The cover needs to be about 1/16" wider diameter in order to fit.

Is this a common problem, with coil covers not quite fitting the intended coil? Anybody else have this experience with Tesoro coils and covers?

:(

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Don't Know with Tesero.

But Maby if you Boil the Cover & Try & Slip it on quick, It may Fit.

OP
OP
C

Charles Miller

Well, you know, I was just looking through the Tesoro catalogue, and I see that they have at least two separate 7" coils. There's the 7" uMax coil, then the 7" coil for the Tiger Shark/Sand Shark series (which is what I have), and there are separate coil covers (separate SKUs, too) for both of these. In photos, they look the same, but I'm thinking there must be some sort of difference.

I noticed that the cover they sent me was very deep (like, almost an inch deep), which sure would have looked odd if it had fit my 7" coil. Is the uMax coil particularly deep, compared to the Tiger Shark coil?

???

R

rvbvetter

It does sound like you got the wrong coil cover. Up to you, but I'd see if there was a local tesoro dealer and take it there. They might exchange it. If not, coil covers are relatively inexpensive. You could buy the correct one there. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread