New to MD in St. louis

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Hi Devildog,

Welcome to the wonderful world of metal detecting. My daughter has a Discovery 2200 and finds alot of stuff with it. It's a good little machine.

This model was made for Radio Shack by Bounty Hunter. They may be able to locate a copy of the manual for you. You may find an online manual for a simular machine at the Bounty Hunter site. http://detecting.com.

PM me if you have any questions. I may be able to help you.

DM

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
DD,

welcome to the site.

Hope you and your daughter have a
good time.

"Devildog" have anything to do with your past?

have a good un..........

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Are you really in St Louis, or just posting that city because it's closest ? If you are close to St Louis, there is a club that meets on Thursdays. I used to go, but I just live too far (about 70 miles west of STL). Made for a very long day. Here is a link for more info:
http://www.coinshooters.freeservers.com/

OP
OP
D

Devildog68

Tenderfoot
Jul 29, 2006
Thanks everyone for the input...

#1 - We went in the back yard tonight and she found a piece of old steel building material around 4 inches long...a 4 inch screw...2 pull tabs...a dime (2000)...and a penny (1974), she was very excited to actually be able to pinpoint something and pull it up.

#2 - Yes Devildog does have something to do with my past "Semper Fi"

#3 - I am not only close to St. Louis, but I am smack dab right in the middle of the city itself....Thanks for the direction of the "Coinshooters" I have passed over their site a couple times and was wondering if they were an active club.

catfishterry

Jan 22, 2006
Troy Il.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Vibra probe
Hey Devil If you want to just get out and try it out without messing up your yard go down below the chain of rocks bridge on the Illinois side and mess around on the sandbar. I was down there Friday and found a few items but my grandson picked up a lot of neat rocks.

OP
OP
D

Devildog68

Tenderfoot
Jul 29, 2006
Might do that...thanks CFT

There are a couple of parks in the StL area that were the first four in the area back in the day (I am sure the area was alot nicer then than it is now....lol But anyway I suppose if I go early enough I can avoid some of the Rif Raf.

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
So NOW I find more St Louisans! Tomorrow I head to Des Moines, but I will be back!

There are some nifty "flats" by the Meramec River in Fenton, when the river is down, that is. I so want to head out there and use my li'l Ace 250. Going to have to wait until I do get back.

Welcome to the forum - these guys are terrific (gads, there'll be no stoppin' 'em now...)

HH
Nan
I'm in Overland, by the way.

Rodog

May 24, 2006
Macomb County, Michigan
OOOORAHHHH! And welcome to the worlds greatest hobby. I've found for my kids (all three of them) that it is a great way to have some family time together. And they learn patience and persaverance while MDing. Finding coins and rings is always fun.

Semper Fi,

Rodog

OP
OP
D

Devildog68

Tenderfoot
Jul 29, 2006
I was hoping to see more STL area people around the forums..... I have had good experiences with everyone on here so far. Hope to speak to others around here about the hobby!

Any of the St. Louis and surrounding area hobbyist have a club they belong to?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread