Does anybody know anything about Jeotech detectors?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
did you mean to say Geotech, or Jeotech? (just making sure, 'cuz it's two different co's)

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Jeotech

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, the battery looks good, but the display looks Mickey Mouse. It cost $2k and it won't do any more than an old Discovery 2 Box which cost a heck of a lot less, Plus the 2 Box will skip the surface junk. With this one you will be digging every surface nail. Frank

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friend of mine thought he would make his fortune importing them into the U.K. but bought one first and it put him off. They are from the Makro group so Turkish built. One video test shows a small simulated hoard being found at a good depth but you can't tell if its the hoard thats been detected or the cavity the hoard is in as the detector will locate cavities and voids at good depths.

He found the main problems were that it sounded off on some tree roots (I had a Fieldmaster F44 that did this so woodland was out of the question) and good depth required very high sensitivity and using high sensitivity levels meant it was hard to keep ground balanced. There was a review from the States or Canada where passing the coil over large targets meant the detector had to be reset each time. Geotech (Carl Morlands site) is supposed to have information on Jeohunter detectors so it might be worth checking there.

Its big plus is that its supposed to cover the need for a deep seeker (hoards) or locate single coins so no need to have both type of machine.

DocLes

Greenie
Apr 20, 2009
Van Buren, AR
Jeotech 3D

A friend of mine bought one a year ago. So I was able to be introduced to one. The only thing I can tell you, is I found out I can't live
without one. So I just put my order in a few days ago. Price..$4000.

Although I would not suggest that a weekend detectorest buy one, because you would need to ahve a whole lot of finds to make it
pay for itself. Not to mention, if you bought one, I would have compitition on the great finds. :laughing7:

This machine is quite technical, but it will do everything it says it will do.

I have been TH for 30 some years and have made a lot of real nice finds. Being 64 and retired I do a lot of travel in search of the BIG Finds,
and I truely belive this machine will help me find those finds out of reach of a regular MD.

Hope this helps.

With regards

Les

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well there's another one just come up for sale in the U.K. (top of range with camera feature etc). Only a few months old. I just never hear of people keeping them for more than a few months. Best of luck with your new machine but most will not find it best for their general detecting needs.

frank1fm

Tenderfoot
Mar 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi:Since the time you made this posting on the Jeotech,how much have you used it?I'm 60 miles from areas known to have large caches never found.I've visited the areas to check out the terrain.Do you know how deep this will go?Not to give away any secrets,have you located anything yet?If so,how deep were they detected at?I figure I have to go at least 5 feet.Thanks,Frank

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Hi:Since the time you made this posting on the Jeotech,how much have you used it?I'm 60 miles from areas known to have large caches never found.I've visited the areas to check out the terrain.Do you know how deep this will go?Not to give away any secrets,have you located anything yet?If so,how deep were they detected at?I figure I have to go at least 5 feet.Thanks,Frank

Frank, me thinks you're chasing ghost stories. Why not just get a regular old 2-box unit, if you're so convinced there's treasures where you're looking?

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This ad about jeotech is funny, I still do not see anyone post any great finds. I am not impatient but all I hear of how good they are and some can't live with out the jeotech but what is the real "gravy" about production on finds. It almost sounds like people are going to have to stack the gold or get a forklift for the bags of coins the way they say how good it works lol I have faith in good finds but I will have to have somebody crunch the numbers & "Show me the money" before I jump on the bandwagon... Peace Brother.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread