Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering how many Tnet members have themselves lost a wedding ring or maybe their class ring ? I lost my wedding ring 1 year after I was married .My wife and I were in my boat cruising along and I put my hand in the water to feel the temperature. Right away I noticed my wedding ring was gone...My first thought was I will go in after it but I looked at the depth finder and we were in 23 feet of water. The wife was not happy.
About a year and a half ago I dug a 10k friendship ring ,stuck it in my pocket and I had to run up town to take care of some business, reached in my pocket later and the ring was no where to be found. I retraced my steps but no luck.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I learned from my mistakes .The ring comes off anytime I get even close to the water now a days.. ;D

gambler13

May 27, 2010
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Xterra 705
I lost my first wedding ring 13 years ago when I planted trees in my backyard. 1 year later lost my 2nd wedding ring while mowing grass. Lost my third wedding ring a couple years later while out fishing on the river. My wife then bought my last wedding ring to fit tighter, had it since, hard to take off when I need to. Anyway, last year I got into metal detecting and bought a BHQDII. Searched near the trees we planted just "in case" and we got a signal, dug down 8", and found my "first" wedding ring. Iv'e since gone thru numerous detectors and still think I have a good chance of finding the ring I lost mowing grass. Last night, digging in a grass alley behind my place, I dug up a man's 14k gold wedding ring, not mine.

jonmich

Greenie
Feb 20, 2009
Gregory,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
I lost a wedding ring and a nice knife in the sheath when my canoe tipped over. It was 20 years ago but I wish I could remember where the canoe tipped. When I was a teen I lost my wallet when the canoe tipped. I havent ever detected a river but I think they might be a goldmine. MMMMMM
Jon

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't lost any rings... but I did lose a quarter-ounce gold coin I kept in my pocket FOR GOOD LUCK. Ha ha. TTC

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lost a gold nugget ring last year. It's in my house somewhere. It was too big for my pinkie finger and too small for any others, so I decided to put it up somewhere where it'd be safe. I remember saying to myself when I hid it.... I can't lose it if I put it in here (I could have sworn that I put it in my safe???). :icon_scratch:
Of course there are several other items that have "disappeared" too this past year. One was a freezer key on a bates motel keyring (disappeared one day after putting it on the keyring), the other was a small antique photograph that I sold on ebay and had to give a refund (disappeared during the week it was listed for sale). Things that make you go hmm????

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
I lost my Masonic gold ring, about a year later it appeared on the table, all by itself, then 6 mo later it went away again, still gone. waiting Bob

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
I've lost 3 wedding bands in the past 4 years. I live on a small farm and while doing heavy chores my hands sweat and off they come. I have MD'd for them but have not found any. Wife is not a happy camper.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
not lost --but threw a rather nice looking size 12 white gold with "native american style " red and green triangle shaped torquize insets away once -- location -- into the ohio river off the I 75 bridge south bound from ohio to ky --

it was originally a "fathers day" gift that my then "wife" (bambi) bought me , (using a "credit card" that I gave her to use as she did not work outside the home , I in effect "paid" for it ) --being I went to sea --my "wife" handled all the bill paying and papers .

years later on as we were divorcing -- I found the credit card bills (that my income had paid for) where she had bought (2) indentical rings --mine and her "lover's" -- she had had a ongoing long term affair with him -- shortly after I went to sea * the very next day she was with him * --not knowing for sure who the dad was * she bought (2) fathers day rings ( one sized 9 for him and one sized 12 for me -- on my credit card no less ) and then gave one to each of us -- how thoughtful of her --- this lead me to have to do DNA testing on both of "my" kids to prove that I was their father -- the "other man" was claiming --my daughter was his .

as I left ohio south bound for florida -- I powered down the passengers side window and flung that "evil" ring as far as I could into the ohio river .

foolish I know , I easily could have sold it to a pawn shop for cash --but I veiwed it as "evil" --cursed so to speak and wanted no one else to ever wear it. --crazy huh?

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not a ring, but an expensive watch. I was a first mate on my father's 34 ft Bertram Salmon fishing charter boat growing up. When we fish for the kings, fishing rods are attached to downriggers and 10-12 pound cannonballs to get to the strike zone , and when a 30 pound salmon strikes, you'd better be quick to grab the rod with the mighty king trying to snap it in half. Well one day we were trolling on Michigan's upper west coast for late fall Kings or Chinook as they are commonly called. A big male hit the flutter spoon at about 27ft down, and I lunged for the rod slamming up and down in the rod holder. When I did, my 2,000. watch launched like a pea from a sling shot, disappearing into the depths of the 600 ft. deep water :laughing7: That King was more important I say! LOL I fought him for 25 minutes, and and landed him. 36pounder! I look back at it now and wonder what fishes belly it ended up on it's way down..... :D

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Never lost a ring, but when I was about 20 I got wasted and jumped off a boat house into Lake Burton wearing a 14K rope chain and a pair of Rayban Aviators - came up out of the water with neither.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
not lost --but threw a rather nice looking size 12 white gold with "native american style " red and green triangle shaped torquize insets away once -- location -- into the ohio river off the I 75 bridge south bound from ohio to ky --

it was originally a "fathers day" gift that my then "wife" (bambi) bought me , (using a "credit card" that I gave her to use as she did not work outside the home , I in effect "paid" for it ) --being I went to sea --my "wife" handled all the bill paying and papers .

years later on as we were divorcing -- I found the credit card bills (that my income had paid for) where she had bought (2) indentical rings --mine and her "lover's" -- she had had a ongoing long term affair with him -- shortly after I went to sea * the very next day she was with him * --not knowing for sure who the dad was * she bought (2) fathers day rings ( one sized 9 for him and one sized 12 for me -- on my credit card no less ) and then gave one to each of us -- how thoughtful of her --- this lead me to have to do DNA testing on both of "my" kids to prove that I was their father -- the "other man" was claiming --my daughter was his .

as I left ohio south bound for florida -- I powered down the passengers side window and flung that "evil" ring as far as I could into the ohio river .

foolish I know , I easily could have sold it to a pawn shop for cash --but I veiwed it as "evil" --cursed so to speak and wanted no one else to ever wear it. --crazy huh?
Not crazy at all, you did what you needed to get rid of that feeling. :icon_thumleft:

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
I have a friend who lost his wife's wedding ring when she left him for another guy! He also lost his house and most of his earnings for the next 10 years.

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I know where I threw my first wedding ring but it is government property in a field of buried microwave antenna's on Kent Island, MD.

Go about 1/2 mile down Cox Neck Road it is on the left. This area was actually in a movie "Enemy of the State".
A week after 9/11 there was a bomb threat there and five houses were evacuated.

Anyway, there is a patch of trees in the middle. The ring is about 50 to 75 yards straight into the field from house number 2526.

Find it, keep it. Very bad luck

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lost my class ring back in 74 in a river east of Toledo, OH.......Matt

idigdirt

Mar 15, 2006
Epworth, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Compass xp-pro
Primary Interest:
Other
About 20 years ago, was fishing in a local reservoir with my mom. Was sitting along the bank and twirling my dads 14k wedding band around on my finger (boredom) when it slipped off and just went right into the lake and down to the bottom. The problem was that where i was at, they had dredged it out and it went straight down quickly! I kept mashing all the data through my mind and kept coming up empty on what to do. Do i just walk right into the water that"ll be about waist deep and start lunging around, or do i just pretend that nothing has happened and keep on fishing? There's my mom about 100 feet away and she would have noticed right away if i'd jumped in the water, not to mention a few other people fishing close by. Oh, the anguish! I knew that in my heart of hearts i probably wouldn't have a chinamans chance in hell of finding that ring. So here i am, a metal detectorist who has found a good many rings over the years, and yet there i sat all broken hearted....

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've managed to lose three rings. The first was my high school class ring. It never made it to graduation. The second is a believe it or not moment. Shortly after I started metal detecting I was detecting a foot path at a local park. About thirty minutes and four or five finds into the search I realized my college class ring was missing. As the holes I'd dug were easy to find, no grass, I thought it would be quick work to recover it. But no. I'd would pay to have seen the finder's face when they got it home and discovered it wasn't a gold ring. The last ring I lost drove me nuts for a week. I even took apart the drain in my shower. I found it in the crisper drawer where I'd put a frozen turkey a few days earlier.

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My father lost his collage class ring a couple of years ago while looking through some steaks at the local grocery store. He went back and could not find it any where . He paid about 600 dollars for it n 1979 and to replace it was going to be about 3000. .He bought a silver one in stead but don't even where it now..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread