Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    us
    Jan 2005
    Panhandle of Florida
    T2 SE,Sovereign Elite,two Excal II s and a cibola
    520 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)

How many people have lost rings?

Just wondering how many Tnet members have themselves lost a wedding ring or maybe their class ring ? I lost my wedding ring 1 year after I was married .My wife and I were in my boat cruising along and I put my hand in the water to feel the temperature. Right away I noticed my wedding ring was gone...My first thought was I will go in after it but I looked at the depth finder and we were in 23 feet of water. The wife was not happy.
    About a year and a half ago I dug a 10k friendship ring ,stuck it in my pocket and I had to run up town to take care of some business, reached in my pocket later and the ring was no where to be found. I retraced my steps but no luck.
    God and country.

Charter Member
    us
    It's there,you just gotta look for it!

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    2702 times
    The one everybody else missed.

Re: How many people have lost rings?

Birdman,I guess you just were'nt meant to wear a ring!
    Ever wonder where your thoughts come from?

Man exists to know and acknowledge and live by the Truth.
    His reward is eternal life.His punishment for failing to do
    so is death.

http://www.fhu.com/

us
    Jan 2005
    Panhandle of Florida
    T2 SE,Sovereign Elite,two Excal II s and a cibola
    520 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)

I learned from my mistakes .The ring comes off anytime I get even close to the water now a days..
    God and country.

Charter Member
    us
    It's there,you just gotta look for it!

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    2702 times
    The one everybody else missed.

Well,Uh,ya could always super glue it on!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ever wonder where your thoughts come from?

Man exists to know and acknowledge and live by the Truth.
    His reward is eternal life.His punishment for failing to do
    so is death.

http://www.fhu.com/

us
    May 2010
    MXT Pro, Xterra 705

I lost my first wedding ring 13 years ago when I planted trees in my backyard. 1 year later lost my 2nd wedding ring while mowing grass. Lost my third wedding ring a couple years later while out fishing on the river. My wife then bought my last wedding ring to fit tighter, had it since, hard to take off when I need to. Anyway, last year I got into metal detecting and bought a BHQDII. Searched near the trees we planted just "in case" and we got a signal, dug down 8", and found my "first" wedding ring. Iv'e since gone thru numerous detectors and still think I have a good chance of finding the ring I lost mowing grass. Last night, digging in a grass alley behind my place, I dug up a man's 14k gold wedding ring, not mine.

us
    Feb 2009
    Gregory,Michigan
    Whites MXT

I lost a wedding ring and a nice knife in the sheath when my canoe tipped over. It was 20 years ago but I wish I could remember where the canoe tipped. When I was a teen I lost my wallet when the canoe tipped. I havent ever detected a river but I think they might be a goldmine. MMMMMM
    Jon
    God, Guns and Guts The Three That Made THE USA Free

us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell,AZ and Titusville,FL
    Right now: Garrett GTA 500, ACE 250, Fisher Impulse 8, Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT, Vibraprobe 570, and Falcon MD20
    1651 times
    Coinshooting, Gold prospecting, and Nuggetshooting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I haven't lost any rings... but I did lose a quarter-ounce gold coin I kept in my pocket FOR GOOD LUCK. Ha ha. TTC
    ONE MIND - ANY WEAPON

um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    2547 times

I lost a gold nugget ring last year. It's in my house somewhere. It was too big for my pinkie finger and too small for any others, so I decided to put it up somewhere where it'd be safe. I remember saying to myself when I hid it.... I can't lose it if I put it in here (I could have sworn that I put it in my safe).
    Of course there are several other items that have "disappeared" too this past year. One was a freezer key on a bates motel keyring (disappeared one day after putting it on the keyring), the other was a small antique photograph that I sold on ebay and had to give a refund (disappeared during the week it was listed for sale). Things that make you go hmm?
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is King.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it.

Jul 2005
    Napoleon MI 49201
    Garrett
    20 times

I lost my Masonic gold ring, about a year later it appeared on the table, all by itself, then 6 mo later it went away again, still gone. waiting Bob

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2007
    Oklahoma
    Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
    3 times

I've lost 3 wedding bands in the past 4 years. I live on a small farm and while doing heavy chores my hands sweat and off they come. I have MD'd for them but have not found any. Wife is not a happy camper.
    Happy Hunting

Desertfox
    (Paul)

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    762 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

not lost --but threw a rather nice looking size 12 white gold with "native american style " red and green triangle shaped torquize insets away once -- location -- into the ohio river off the I 75 bridge south bound from ohio to ky --

it was originally a "fathers day" gift that my then "wife" (bambi) bought me , (using a "credit card" that I gave her to use as she did not work outside the home , I in effect "paid" for it ) --being I went to sea --my "wife" handled all the bill paying and papers .

years later on as we were divorcing -- I found the credit card bills (that my income had paid for) where she had bought (2) indentical rings --mine and her "lover's" -- she had had a ongoing long term affair with him -- shortly after I went to sea * the very next day she was with him * --not knowing for sure who the dad was * she bought (2) fathers day rings ( one sized 9 for him and one sized 12 for me -- on my credit card no less ) and then gave one to each of us -- how thoughtful of her --- this lead me to have to do DNA testing on both of "my" kids to prove that I was their father -- the "other man" was claiming --my daughter was his .

as I left ohio south bound for florida -- I powered down the passengers side window and flung that "evil" ring as far as I could into the ohio river .

foolish I know , I easily could have sold it to a pawn shop for cash --but I veiwed it as "evil" --cursed so to speak and wanted no one else to ever wear it. --crazy huh?

us
    Nov 2008
    Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
    76 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Not a ring, but an expensive watch. I was a first mate on my father's 34 ft Bertram Salmon fishing charter boat growing up. When we fish for the kings, fishing rods are attached to downriggers and 10-12 pound cannonballs to get to the strike zone , and when a 30 pound salmon strikes, you'd better be quick to grab the rod with the mighty king trying to snap it in half. Well one day we were trolling on Michigan's upper west coast for late fall Kings or Chinook as they are commonly called. A big male hit the flutter spoon at about 27ft down, and I lunged for the rod slamming up and down in the rod holder. When I did, my 2,000. watch launched like a pea from a sling shot, disappearing into the depths of the 600 ft. deep water That King was more important I say! LOL I fought him for 25 minutes, and and landed him. 36pounder! I look back at it now and wonder what fishes belly it ended up on it's way down.....

ge
    Apr 2011
    Georgia
    Teknetics Delta 4000
    7 times

Never lost a ring, but when I was about 20 I got wasted and jumped off a boat house into Lake Burton wearing a 14K rope chain and a pair of Rayban Aviators - came up out of the water with neither.
    LMAO

us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
    2442 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by ivan salis
    not lost --but threw a rather nice looking size 12 white gold with "native american style " red and green triangle shaped torquize insets away once -- location -- into the ohio river off the I 75 bridge south bound from ohio to ky --

it was originally a "fathers day" gift that my then "wife" (bambi) bought me , (using a "credit card" that I gave her to use as she did not work outside the home , I in effect "paid" for it ) --being I went to sea --my "wife" handled all the bill paying and papers .

years later on as we were divorcing -- I found the credit card bills (that my income had paid for) where she had bought (2) indentical rings --mine and her "lover's" -- she had had a ongoing long term affair with him -- shortly after I went to sea * the very next day she was with him * --not knowing for sure who the dad was * she bought (2) fathers day rings ( one sized 9 for him and one sized 12 for me -- on my credit card no less ) and then gave one to each of us -- how thoughtful of her --- this lead me to have to do DNA testing on both of "my" kids to prove that I was their father -- the "other man" was claiming --my daughter was his .

as I left ohio south bound for florida -- I powered down the passengers side window and flung that "evil" ring as far as I could into the ohio river .

foolish I know , I easily could have sold it to a pawn shop for cash --but I veiwed it as "evil" --cursed so to speak and wanted no one else to ever wear it. --crazy huh?
    Not crazy at all, you did what you needed to get rid of that feeling.

us
    Aug 2008
    5 times

I have a friend who lost his wife's wedding ring when she left him for another guy! He also lost his house and most of his earnings for the next 10 years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors