Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 opinions

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Hello fellow MD'ers. As you may be aware, I am quite new to the hobby. I have been using my Teknetics Delta 4000 and getting to know the unit as of late.

I have been bringing my brother along on some of my hunts, but I think he is growing weary of doing all the digging while I am swinging the MD.

Anyway, there is a Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 at the place where I work that never gets used. I was thinking about borrowing it from the shop for my brother to use.

Does anyone here have any experience with this particular model? Opinions?

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it gets damaged in any way you are going to have to buy it and there are many more better detectors out there.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's depth is limited, but it will give your brother the ability to play around with it and see if he likes it.

Like Sandman says, there are better units to be had and if he wants to swing along with you, he will want to find one. Pawn shops are not a bad place to find a used detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread