mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a week I doff from work and I detected for 6 mornings. I detected for a total of 23 hours. so here is my finds. 10 hot wheels cars. 9 rings ( 2 gold both 14K, 2 .925, 1 SS, and 4 junkers) 1 .925 neglace, 1 gold plated bracelet, 2 buttons 1 fish lure and 4 sinkers, 4 pieces of jewelry, and the match box cover from WW1. The clad coins that I got was 1 dollar. piece, $8.50 in quarters, $5.20 in dimes, $2.15 in nickels, .94 in pennies. Plus my bonus coins 1877S half, 1944 & 1946 Wheaties. Plus and father token. So not a bad week after all. I just wished I could have hunted more.....Matt

Attachments

• DSCF2446.JPG
    DSCF2446.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 1,272
  • DSCF2447.JPG
    DSCF2447.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,267
  • DSCF2448.JPG
    DSCF2448.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,273
Upvote 0

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
You do EXTREMELY well :thumbsup:

Very very few THers ever find this much even in a whole year.

Well done and keep your hunting sites secret.

Badger

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! Are these from public parks or private land? As Michigan Badger pointed out, I'd be lucky to get that much stuff in a year. So either you are doing something right or I'm doing something wrong! ;D

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright: fantastic digs !! :coffee2:
Which detector were you using ?
I'm guessing the Excalibur II.

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dude! That 1877 seated half is awesome. Not many people can say they have found one of those.

-Swartzie

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mts said:
Very nice! Are these from public parks or private land? As Michigan Badger pointed out, I'd be lucky to get that much stuff in a year. So either you are doing something right or I'm doing something wrong! ;D
Wrong attitude, MTS. Matt is doing it right and you are doing it LESS right. I can see by Matt's collection of finds that he is using LESS discrimination. The nickels and lead weights indicates that he is using less disc and digging more of the LOW END targets. LESS disc... MORE digging.... MORE keepers. Hang in there, MTS, just re-think the settings on the machine. TTC

OP
OP
mlayers

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used two different detectors last week the Excal and one of my whites.

tmdavis3

Feb 24, 2009
Fabulous finds for one week of digging. :headbang: Love the silver and gold, especially, but the matchbox cars remind me of my childhood!!

You must be doing something very right!!

"A treasure a day keeps the Stress Monster at bay!" ~~Marcie~~

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am sure your vacation was paid!

that's topping on the cake! :hello2:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Matt, I will not ask for the exact site.... but, what city (at least) did you do the hunting? What kind of site? I have found several matchbox cars but usually in bunches near homes. No more need to describe the finds... but a little more on the site would be exciting for most of us. TTC

OP
OP
mlayers

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry so late getting back to this post. I have done most of my detecting in this 6 days at beaches. No special place. I get in the car and head in one direction go until I find a lake and drive around it looking for the beach. The matchbox cars most was found in the sand and a few was in the water. In this week I hunted in Ohio, Indiana and Michigan........Matt

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mind giving me a location so i can come get some luck of yours!?
:headbang:

OP
OP
mlayers

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well next year when I take a week off if anyone wants to join me you are more then welcome to tag along. I have a spare room. You will just have to make it over to Montpelier, Oh for a few days......Matt

froggy38383

Sep 27, 2005
TerryC said:
mts said:
Wrong attitude, MTS. Matt is doing it right and you are doing it LESS right. I can see by Matt's collection of finds that he is using LESS discrimination. The nickels and lead weights indicates that he is using less disc and digging more of the LOW END targets. LESS disc... MORE digging.... MORE keepers. Hang in there, MTS, just re-think the settings on the machine. TTC

Good point, I am detecting on the beach now with a PI machine and dig it all, find more trash but a lot more keepers than ever.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread