Why do we cover our holes? Heres Why!

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Why do we cover our holes? Here's Why!

There is a town about 30 miles from here in which is the remains of a Girls Academy which opened around the late 1800's. It closed down on the late 1950's. It is vacant now and up for sale. You can imagine what lies in that ground. After months of searching for the actual owner of the property, I finally got to speak with his sister who in turn gave me the owners phone number. I live in south central Missouri. The owner in Nevada. After I made my pitch, mentioning that I was looking for some memorabilia from the school. I got permission to walk the grounds, but positively no metal detectors. His reason was that someone got on without permission and ruined the sod and topsoil. In otherwords, they left the grounds with holes and the soils trashed. I finally gave up on trying to convince him that I would not do any of these things, and thanked him for at least allowing me to walk the campus grounds. Bottom line--thanks to some inconsiderate folks, I really missed out on a possibly great hunting site. Gives credence to the rule, leave it like or better than you found it.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread