Minelab Quattro

jdk426

Aug 15, 2006
I hope i am posting this in the right section of the forum. I was wondering if anyone uses this machine for civil war relic hunting mainly,and some coin shooting. Anyone that has any info on this machine for that type of use please let me know the good the bad and the ugly to the Quattro for these cases. I just purchased one and cant wait and im sure once i learn the machine it will be as good as i make it. Just looking for maybe some tips or pointers for hunting these type of items. Thanks,Jerry

Upvote 0

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
jdk426,

Wish i could help but I don't know squat about the Quattro. I do have a Minelab Excalibur and i would like to think that all Minelabs are quality machines....... 8)

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry, your Quattro is a great coin and relic machine. It's always best to start out checking the readings and pinpointing on a clean piece of ground where you can lay a few coins an rings, nails, etc. to play with the settings. The settings someone uses in another area may not be the best for you where your located. Have fun and get out often.

HH,
Sandman

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Dude you should have bought mine - it came with 1 month's worth of tips! ;) (I'm the one you wanted to do the buy it now from on ebay). You might as well just start off in all metal mode. Dig all non negative signals that are repeatable. THe big trick with the Quattro that a lot of people get frustrated with is the fact that you have to pull off the target for the id to register. And if there is a second target in the same swing it might id the second target and not the first. Anyway, practice by planting some coins and coins next to junk. Good luck.

OP
OP
J

jdk426

Aug 15, 2006
Thanks for the tips guys. Yea i ended up purchasing one from Grizzly Bear for $550.00 but he threw in alot of extras. I am new to the hobby and figured a Quattro would be alot easier as far as turn on and go than me purchasing the Explorer II. Maybe make a upgrade after i have more time under my belt,but for now i think the Quattro will suite me just perfect at least i hope so anyways. Thanks,Jerry Kellum

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread