need advice on useing a radio shack discovery 1000

illumastorm

Jul 24, 2011
west central indiana
Detector(s) used
discovery 1,000
picked this up at a yard sale for $1, don't have a manual and haven't found anything on the web on how to dial it in. it has 2 knobs, 1 is sensitivity other is disc/tone and there is a toggle switch that shows dics, all metal, tone. i have tried using it and have found pull tabs, nails, foil, soda cans etc. all junk stuff. how do i set it to ignore that and just find the good stuff? sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Upvote 0

MrPoptop

Jan 3, 2011
Cowlitz County, Washington
Detector(s) used
2 AT Pros and a BH Tracker 4
Put it in tone mode and turn disc to about 10:30 - 9:00 o'clock position and turn sens as high as it will go.
Taked 2 days or so to tell whats under the coil by sound.

OP
OP
illumastorm

illumastorm

Jul 24, 2011
west central indiana
Detector(s) used
discovery 1,000
wow that was fast responses, i knew i found the right web site to ask question about this detector. super i will do some searching with it tomorrow now that i know how to set it. i'll post what i find, thanks a lot guys!

fishbone3d

Apr 1, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Whites Prizm III, Bounty Hunter
You seem pretty close to me. Pm me if you want to get some pointers, or go out on a hunt. :icon_thumright:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I can help you lots -- its basically a "radio shack" marked bounty hunter tracker IV * for a manual you can go to the "kellyco" ad page at the sign on page for this web site -jook under bounty hunter --and find the tracker IV model and look at its "online" manual --its really quite easy to use * there a 3 sertting "mode" type toggle switch --first is all metal (which finds all metal - nothing is culled out and its "one tone" for everything --second is "tone" all metal again but its got 3 "tones" a low grunty "fart" sound (* iron)--a mid tone (pulltabs , gold and aluminum) and a high "pingy" tone -zinc , copper and silver.--the thrid setting is discrimation --it allows for "culling" of some signals --mostly junk range stuff * used properly it can cull lots of junk signals while losing little to no gold signals in the process. one must be careful on how one sets their level when using this setting however --too high and one can lose good items .--- PM if you want me to call you with the "proper" set up for it.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dont knock it i wish i still had mine lost in a house fire and that 3 buck yard sale special helped me locate 20 silver dimes and close to 200 indian heads, 3 standing quarters, 5 seated dimes and more lost the md and the coins , it is easy to work an use it practice with and you will be good

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions