Bewildered

Wile.E

Tenderfoot
Feb 9, 2011
???Okay! wanting to go to organized hunt - competion,but have never been to official organized hunt before. Is 50 miles or so from where I live now but within 20 miles of my roots. the chisolm trail, regardless Iwant to go and take my daughter ,which is total newbie ,but I want to go mainly to mingle with the folks that share the same intrest and hobbie I enjoy. Can anybody fill me in ,since Ive never been before? somehow I know it will be a BLAST! Thank you Wile E Have not been able to hunt because of the 100+ temps here in Oklahoma for 50 days now,but excited bout this. Wile. E

Upvote 0

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also from Oklahoma. Never been to a "Hunt". A couple of years ago, I was interested in one in Sand Springs. Seems that the admission cost/hunt fees/gasoline was pushing it up there. Maybe if I went to one I would change my mind. I mainly wanted to check out factory reps and demonstrations. Maybe someone on this site can fill us in.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of these hunts have factory reps there and dealers too but most hunts do not. The organizers will advertise what is available. Either way these hunts are a lot of fun. I haven't attended one in years so maybe they have changed. If you go try to enter as many contests as you can afford. This is not the time to play with screens and icons. Pinpointing is done quickly in the grass, if there is any and you just lift up on the grass at some hunts to find the slit where they inserted the coins and or trash to throw you off. Some of the pennies may be painted on one side of different colors and the contestant that gets the most of a certain color gets a prize. Some of the better hunts can give away detectors and it is all up to who is running the event. My favorite detector for these hunts was the Fisher 1235-X, and oldie but goodie.
Good Luck....... :thumbsup:

Sandman

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
A lot of people love those organized hunts........................... So don't go by me went to a couple a few years back....................... Did not like the organized hunt ............... So i went to another at a different place a few years later...................... Did not like it either..................... I never went to any after that............ That is just not my kind of hunting.............. But i do like the real world hunting............ Not the Easter egg hunt type of thing....................

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've attended a number of hunts and enjoyed them all. Over the last few years I've come back with lots of coins, won 2 detectors, half a dozen gold coins and lots of misc. detecting stuff. You need to recover the targets quickly, but they won't be deep and the more you retrieve the better your chances to pull up a prize token. Then, there's the camaraderie that comes with meeting new people interested in the same hobby as you. As mentioned above, join as many events as you can afford and go for it, it'll be a good time.
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread