Good knowledge hunt

DirtAngler

Jun 18, 2011
SE Pa
Detector(s) used
MX5, M6, GPP, TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to DKinPA for a good hunt, not for finds but knowledge. Being a fairly new hobbyist that pre-hunted an area, I got to compare detector signals with someone with more experience and a top of the line detector to my good mid level machines. Although we didn't find any great finds, the being able to check my machines against his and seeing what his detector displayed was very helpful to me knowing I didn't really miss much that the site offered although it is an iron infested site that is probably masking other targets. His taking the time to check targets as well as tips and insight meant more than actual target recovery.

Upvote 0

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I had some great mentors back in the day, it makes a world of difference.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DirtAngler said:
Thanks to DKinPA for a good hunt, not for finds but knowledge. Being a fairly new hobbyist that pre-hunted an area, I got to compare detector signals with someone with more experience and a top of the line detector to my good mid level machines. Although we didn't find any great finds, the being able to check my machines against his and seeing what his detector displayed was very helpful to me knowing I didn't really miss much that the site offered although it is an iron infested site that is probably masking other targets. His taking the time to check targets as well as tips and insight meant more than actual target recovery.

Great post DA! :headbang: Having a person that can teach you real-world is priceless. I have made some very good friends along the way as I learned, and together, we have found some really neat stuff! :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions