Wanted: App for Android phone to log Metal Detecting finds

OldDogEyes

Greenie
Apr 24, 2011
Denver, CO area
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Has anyone found a good Android app that I can use to log my MD finds?

I found one called "Treasure Collector" from a company called BannerStone Software but it's paid only with no demo. I'm hesitant to buy an app that I haven't tried.

Here's a link to Treasure Collector: https://market.android.com/details?...tware.treasurecollector&feature=search_result

Thanks
Doug

Upvote 0

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't help you i have been doing this for over 40 years................. And i do not even log my finds on paper..............I don't keep records to much extra work for me................That i don't really need.........

jcase

Sep 24, 2011
OldDogEyes said:
Has anyone found a good Android app that I can use to log my MD finds?

I found one called "Treasure Collector" from a company called BannerStone Software but it's paid only with no demo. I'm hesitant to buy an app that I haven't tried.

Here's a link to Treasure Collector: https://market.android.com/details?...tware.treasurecollector&feature=search_result

Thanks
Doug

Doug,

I am starting a project like this in the coming week, with plans on it being free, if your interested in brain storming let me know.

jcase

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
This is akin to having an app for what you had for lunch on any given day. It would be the Android phone app to log your lunch eatings.

jcase

Sep 24, 2011
gleaner1 said:
This is akin to having an app for what you had for lunch on any given day. It would be the Android phone app to log your lunch eatings.

Actually I plan to use GPS and allow you to grid out where you hit already, find logging would be secondary.

Johnson

Oct 6, 2011
Hey I have the treasure collector app on my droid x. I'm happy with it. I think its worth the price. Although I plan on making my own markers to use with it.

pkirill

Jul 22, 2013
Richmond, VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, MI6 pinpointer, Lesche 40" ground shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is an old thread, but in case anyone comes looking- Ive been using Evernote. It's free (although I do use pay for the premium version), lets me take pictures and annotate my finds, logs the GPS location, and then syncs to my PC. From there I can map my finds, print out my notes, etc. I like it because it is "device neutral" - works on my iPhone, Android tablet, and PC...

Wormslayer

Mar 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Garrett Pro pointer, Tect O Trak
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's an old post, but you never did get a proper answer.

This is what you were looking for :- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.trib.app.tectotrak

Android single.png

Or find out more here:- http://historyhunters.co.uk/tectotrak

Last edited:

icemncmth

Nov 10, 2015
NE Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a spreadsheet.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you point to any find in my case I can probably bring you to at least a 5 foot radius of where I found it by memory :laughing7:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
If you point to any find in my case I can probably bring you to at least a 5 foot radius of where I found it by memory :laughing7:
That is the same with me .. I do not have to write it down or have a GPS or app.... I can also go to my good finds and spots that i hunted just by memory...

Zhar

Greenie
Jan 22, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Zhar

Greenie
Jan 22, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad it’s not in the Apple store...

A IOS version is planned but i am waiting for feedback on android devices first. You can post some ideas or improvements if you want, just let me know :icon_thumright:.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good post great info that helps me too Thanks. Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread