152.4 KB · Views: 948
Upvote 0

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Magnix said:
You're an experienced prospector with multiple claims and you are asking questions like these? Doesn't add up.

If you are buying claims from Ebay, you SERIOUSLY need to rethink your hobby.

I have been doing this for years since I was a young and why should I rethink my hobby?? I bought several claims on ebay with the same seller (with 100% feedbacks) and went to all of the lands up in CO and CA and found good bunch of gold nuggets! This guy is legit.

I have seen claims with high prices outside of ebay. Its too expensive for me. If you can afford $5000 - $100K claims - good for you.

OK, let me break this down Barney style for you. You say that you have been prospecting for years, and yet you are asking complete strangers in a METAL DETECTING forum if a place will have gold from a photo. I've been prospecting for a few years myself so I know how rediculous that question is. Second, you are buying gold claims, in distant states, without stepping foot on the claims first. Just not smart.

I don't buy claims. If I wanted one, I would do the research, foot work, and filing myself.

riverrunner814

Feb 14, 2009
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Ive posted and deleted 2 times. I have been prospecting gold for many of years, and every time I go I learn something new. As in claims buying you have to do the research period. Just looking at photos don't cut it. There were a lot of good advice here on this subject heed them, do your homework on this possible gold bearing property before you buy it. Or just join a club its safer there are known salters out there beware. As for Ebay, many got burned buying claims on there ( again do the research) Enough said....

msimpson

Jul 17, 2011
Ramona, California
Detector(s) used
DFX, GMT
Magnix said:
I found this location in New Mexico and wanted to know if this is a good place to find gold before I claim this property that is currently for sale.

I didn't mean to hijack your post. I mentioned the GPAA only as an alternative. That said, I would acquire the paper work for the claim. There should be an indication of an X where the original gold was found. The only thing I can deduce from your pictures is that in the first one, there is an abundance of red dirt with would indicate iron oxide. Which is desirable. Another desirable thing about the property is a water source. It may only be seasonable though. They did hydraulic gold mining where I live. The water is seasonable here and made the mining unprofitable. In the pictures, the rocks do look approximately right. If I were looking the site over, I would be looking for dark greasy granite seams.

So, did you buy it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread