Equipment Help For A Newbie.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Excal is the king of the beach or underwater. I am a diver also and have used CZ-20's and Excal 1000 in the water with never a problem with leaking and they have good disc circuits to not respond to small iron near a good target..... Pulse detectors go deeper in the sand but you also waste time digging a hairpin from almost two feet. This is time better spent sweeping for better targets.

rey914v8

Mar 25, 2011
Silicon Valley
Detector(s) used
Silver umax + 12x10
I have an older Tesoro Stingray, older bother to the Tiger shark VLF machine, I may sell if you are interested.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whatever machine is added to your arsenal, It should be a PULSE INDUCTION machine. I own a Fisher Impulse 8, out of print, and did own a Garrett. Never owned an Excal, but have heard nothing but praise. I'm sure Mike at Woodland can help you out. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread