Dirty Money

Sep 21, 2010
Saginaw, MI
Detector(s) used
White's MX5 w/ 8X6 SEF, Garrett Pro-Pointer, X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kudos to White's

Four weeks ago I stupidly swung my Lesche and placed it directly into the heart if my DFX's LCD. It was a boneheaded move on my part and definitely not a warranty repair. Anyway, off my detector went to the factory to get the LCD replaced, and maybe find why it liked to chew through batteries, even though the rechargable retained good life.

I got anxious and called the factory today to see how things were progressing, and find out what the damages would be. I got hold of Todd -yes, the Todd that headed up customer service is back heading up service. Todd couldn't find the detector on the shelves or on a workbench, so he asked if he could call me back in a few minutes after he found out what was going on. No problem on my part.

I took one of the dogs out for a "grass break," had a smoke, and came inside just in time to hear the last of the message going into voice mail "...receive it later today." I had to call him back to thank him for the uber fast response. Seems my name was mis-spelled in the system, which explains why they didn't find it in the computer. And, yes, that happens a lot to me, so I can't blame White's for it. And, my detector was shipped on the 30th and scheduled for delivery today. Oh, there was no charge for the repairs!!

UPS dropped the package off this evening and I immediately pulled the invoice to see what had been done. Whites replaced the LCD and the Pod Window (the items I stabbed), replaced the case connection (the cause of the alkaline battery drain), and replaced the headphone jack (the old one loosened from time to time, but I didn't mention it because it was not an issue to me). All without charge!

This is hands down the best service I've received from any manufacturer in any area of business, not just detectors!

For those of you thinking about a new or different detector, take this story to heart. How many companies would treat a customer this well? Only one I know of White' Electronics.

HH to all

Dave "Dirty Money" Sanford

Upvote 0

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Kudos to White's

I will say that was darn good service and a darn good price $0.00...................

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Todd's the Bomb!!!! ;D ;D ;D He Sent Me A new coil when I was Having issues and Did not have to send My unit in !!! ;D ;D ;D HH Chug!!!!

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Big smiley to Todd.
:icon_thumright:
:icon_thumleft:
:wink:

I'd add a few more, but I don't want to annoy everyone.

Grace O'Malley

Oct 23, 2011
RV, NE Florida (This week)
Detector(s) used
DFX, Sun-Ray pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I had to send in my rather elderly DFX a couple of months ago. It was having major display panel issues. I talked to Todd before I sent it in and White's fixed it for free. You can bet that when my DFX finally dies after a long and useful life, it will be replaced by a younger sibling from the White's factory! I recommend them to everyone who asks me about which brand of MD to buy. Their customer service cannot be beat.

mydejavooo

Oct 26, 2011
Hansen, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Whites Spectrum XLT e-series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Yet another reason I stick with Whites equipment! In this day and age, customer service like that is almost unheard of! I'm sure it was a cheap fix for them, and they have the assurance that they have a customer for life!!

A little off-topic here....but has anyone ever been to their facility? I'm curious what sort of facility and operation they have there? It would be cool to "travel to the motherland" and see their setup first hand!!

DeJa

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions