AT PRO?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you were a Charter Member you could do a search on the AT PRO and get a list of all the posts made about it. You can also scroll down this Garrett section.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
It's a great detector & best value. In my mineralized hard & very dry soil, I got a tilted quarter down 4" that still IDed correctly. A dime at 7" & a copper penny at 6"+ also gave correct visual IDs, as well as the high tone. These were at a park & schoolyard I've detected hundreds of times, plus I have competition. These coins were likely there for decades.

I was using the super easy STD mode with manual ground balance, sensitivity 7 out of 8. Had only used it about 5 hours when I got the 7" deep dime, so not too much learning required. The problems were pretty well fixed by March production. PRO mode can do more tricks, but some learning required.

Air test about 11" on dime, but about 15" on nickel as the 15 kHz operating frequency increases depth on low conductors like nickels, iron & gold. So it can be used for coin hunting, finding gold or relics & can go underwater to 10 feet.
The stock DD coil can separate closely spaced metal objects.

Hope this helps. You can read all the AT Pro posts under Brands-Garrett and Brands-head to head comparisons, also under Metal Detecting and the General Discussion forums. Mostly AT Pro is in the heading or else a which detector ?About my only significant gripe about the detector is the numerical ID is too small to be easily read. Best wishes, George (MN)

OP
OP
s.c.shooter

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks George. The depth was mainly what I was concerned about. I have an Excal that does a great job and she has used it but says it's to heavy for her. I don't want her to get frustrated and quit. I think I think the AT would be a great detector for her.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
C.S. Give me a call. I can make you a great deal on one!

joeman

Mar 19, 2011
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro, BH 840 VLF-TR
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You definitely can't go wrong buying the ATPRO.
IF you look around, you'll find it for about $500.00 bucks without all the 'crap' that comes with the $599.00 deals, which is the better way to go, simply because you can then pick up a Garrett Pro Pointer or other 'decent' Pin-Pointer.
The proportional Audio, combined with the Roll Tone Audio and Iron Audio options (like the Iron Audio Button) provides the user with an 'Audio Map' of what's beneath the earth! You'll also be able to go where 'many' cannot due to it's decent shielding and frequency adjustments. Being able to hunt the water is a HUGE bonus and getting caught in a 'Down-Pour' and detecting in the 'rain' is nothing to worry about.... Lest we forget about 'depth'. This thing goes 'nice and deep'. You'll be pulling Silver and Copper/Bronze at amazing depths. I dug out a Antique Silver Plated Copper Ring at over 10" and a 1920 Canadian 5 cent piece (insanely small silver coin) @ between 8" and 9"! Excellent Depth and 'abilities' for such an inexpensive detector...

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tjware said:
This is the only forum that I have been a part of that asks for money to use all the features :(

Yeah, it's kinda silly.

But, to do a search of the site, you just need to go to google.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bazinga said:
tjware said:
This is the only forum that I have been a part of that asks for money to use all the features :(

Yeah, it's kinda silly.

Actually s.c.shooter could have just done a google search and found all all he needed to know about the AT PRO http://tinyurl.com/3bh85zd

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
bazinga said:
tjware said:

Yeah, it's kinda silly.

Actually s.c.shooter could have just done a google search and found all all he needed to know about the AT PRO http://tinyurl.com/3bh85zd

If people did that, the sites traffic would drop in half over night, haha. Without all of these "What machine should I get?" posts, the site would probably run a lot faster.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All i hear about the AT Pro is good :icon_thumleft: 2 lady's i detect with once in awhile both have a AT and they love it in the fields . HH Jim

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bazinga said:
diggummup said:
bazinga said:
tjware said:

Yeah, it's kinda silly.

If people did that, the sites traffic would drop in half over night, haha. Without all of these "What machine should I get?" posts, the site would probably run a lot faster.
:thumbsup: Amen to that.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
bazinga said:
diggummup said:
bazinga said:
tjware said:

Yeah, it's kinda silly.

Yes the only ones that like that question what machine should i get is the dealers............... Then they answer by " Call me " I got just the detector you want.........

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The nice thing about the AT Pro is...I'm sorry "one" of the nice things about the AT Pro is; with the two modes (Standard and Pro) you can go out right away and learn the machine in Pro mode relatively quick and easy, but it does still have a learning curve to get it all down.

Some days you just get tired of learning and want to find some quick goodies, so all you have to do is switch it to Standard mode and you have yourself a turbo boosted ACE 250.

As for the Charter membership, it may be a pain in some ways. But at least T-Net is still here and going strong, and offering a lot more than many others.

OP
OP
s.c.shooter

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice. I bought her an AT Pro today. Got it from Bart at Big Boys Hobbies. He wasn't kidding when he said he would give me a good buy. She can't wait for it to get here and we plan a short trip to the Beach next week so that she can join me in detecting. We've been wanting to find something that we can do together and I'm glad that she's excited about one of my favorite hobbies.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
bazinga said:
diggummup said:
bazinga said:
tjware said:

Yeah, it's kinda silly.

Yes the only ones that like that question what machine should i get is the dealers............... Then they answer by " Call me " I got just the detector you want.........

Haha, yup, potential customers just pop up on the site all day long. The internet sure has made selling machines a heck of a lot easier for the smart ones that got on the bandwagon early.

joeman

Mar 19, 2011
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro, BH 840 VLF-TR
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
s.c.shooter said:
Thanks for the advice. I bought her an AT Pro today. Got it from Bart at Big Boys Hobbies. He wasn't kidding when he said he would give me a good buy. She can't wait for it to get here and we plan a short trip to the Beach next week so that she can join me in detecting. We've been wanting to find something that we can do together and I'm glad that she's excited about one of my favorite hobbies.

AWE..FREAKIN..SOME!! :hello2:

I 'WISH' my Wife had 'any' of my interests!... Especially 'Metal Detecting' We seem to have 'NOTHING' in common when it comes to 'Hobbies'. :(
Your wife will love the ATPRO and after a month or two of using it in 'Pro-Mode', she'll have it down-pat.

Cheers,

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The AT Pro is one EASY machine to learn. Read through the manual, give it a day or two in Standard, then move on over to Pro. Set the iron descrimination to 35 to eliminate nails & such. Don't leave the Iron Audio on full time, it'll drive you nuts in trashy sites. Use it to distinguish good targets from trash.

Hope she likes using it!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dwight S said:
The AT Pro is one EASY machine to learn. Read through the manual, give it a day or two in Standard, then move on over to Pro. Set the iron descrimination to 35 to eliminate nails & such. Don't leave the Iron Audio on full time, it'll drive you nuts in trashy sites. Use it to distinguish good targets from trash.

Hope she likes using it!

The option of the two modes is awesome! Really helps beginners!

tincansam

Jun 7, 2011
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only problem i had with the dealers on here was i didnt have enough money to buy a detector from each of them ,they were

all very helpful and answered all my questions i was glad that i bought mine from one on here(METDETDEVL) , plus i felt since

he was on here i would get a better deal then from a ebay dealer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions