Just signed on, been at it awhile tho

leadhead2

Sep 18, 2011
fascinating reading here in all the different forums , being a newbie here.
Been detecting off and on since the teen age years ,, old age now .

Wanted to complement everyone on this site with all their stories ,
At this point in time I have an original Gold Bug ... think I just got it working again , also a Minelab sovereign xs2-pro I inherited from my father in law from England (it got a lot of use )
and it still works and least but not last ..... the company I work for just came into half a dozen Fisher TW-6's that were given to the out fit from the local repair service ( the owner passed a way and his widow gave them to us !)
so guess who has one right now out in his truck .
We do natural gas utilities work and use the smaller two box Goldaks and the line locating Metrotech's
So the plan is when I can afford it , to pick up a handle for the official two box arrangement for the Fisher's since they do not come with them and start trying it out .....

Been so busy with life , the detecting thing has gone by the wayside lately as with the prospecting also , live here in the Carson City area of northern Nevada .
It is such a play ground with all the history around for detecting , including Lake Tahoe .....

The strangest thing that ever happened tho is a few years back , out on a job site in town , we were putting in a new gas main down a street that happened to be the original railbed for the V+T railroad years back , we were standing around talking , getting organized and I looked down and spotted the edge of a coin ... picked it up .... little heavier than normal .... little bigger than normal.... looked closer ... 1896 ten dollar gold piece ! ... wow !
All the years been out detecting ... never found any thing this nice with a detector and here I go and pick one up off the ground .
Any how I am dribbling on here .... any bits of advice on the two box tw-6 that any one would give I would appreciate highly , thank you much..
leadhead2

Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard.

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Research is easy with a computer. Just type in a question with google and, Voila!

When I got my first computer, (a Whites 5000 D) there were no computers.
I learned by doing, not asking.

I do not wish to appear rude but I truly get annoyed with the 'you owe me and I'm too tired to do it myself" syndrome.

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montauk3 said:
Research is easy with a computer. Just type in a question with google and, Voila!

When I got my first computer, (a Whites 5000 D) there were no computers.
I learned by doing, not asking.

I do not wish to appear rude but I truly get annoyed with the 'you owe me and I'm too tired to do it myself" syndrome.

You can't learn by not asking. When you pick up a manual you are asking it for help. When you turn on your detector and learn what it is telling you, you are asking it what the information means.

Some ...like myself...and apparently you, are visual/concept learners, you learn why and how something works in order to fully understand, others learn by hearing and reading directions etc.

T-Net is a good source for necessary information, the truly lazy ones don't ask they give up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread