please help

mercinarie

Nov 5, 2006
Western Australia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I think i remember reading here somewhere about a guy who had i think it would have been a big custom built metal detector that he hooked up to the back of his car, to detect for gold and he threw markers out when he hit a signal.

If anyone knows where this story is can you please point me in the right direction. i am sure it was in these forums somwhere. Thanks

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't remember the post your referring too, but these huge coils that you drag around are only good for huge targets.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember reading something like that.

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These things are all the rage now ever since the show 'Meteor Men' made them public. Anyone can make one from plain old PVC pipe. The electrical work is a little bit tougher though. Just google "PVC pipe metal detector" or PVC pipe meteorite detector" and you should find some good stuff as well as the schematics :thumbsup:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
The great Hardrock Hendricks "hooked up" a big azz coil onto his vehicle and traveled about a certain part of the Mojave desert, I think in the nineties and he conjured up a huge nugget (like a pounder if I remember right) with this method in no time. I read this in a late nineties treasure mag, I will see if I can dig it up.

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were in Daytona Beach 2 weeks ago and saw a guy like that. He was riding a custom made trike made from pvc that had a metal detector mounted on it. My wife saw him throw out beanbags to mark his signals and then he would return to dig them up.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
s.c.shooter said:
We were in Daytona Beach 2 weeks ago and saw a guy like that. He was riding a custom made trike made from pvc that had a metal detector mounted on it. My wife saw him throw out beanbags to mark his signals and then he would return to dig them up.
Thats the story I remember...they even posted a picture of his rig.....in that story they said he was marking the targets with little flags.

OP
OP
mercinarie

mercinarie

Nov 5, 2006
Western Australia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
i thought in what little i remember about it they were looking for gold but i could be wrong, but Thanks for the info lads.

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this the kind of rig you're looking for?

monster.jpg

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mat in MA said:
Is this the kind of rig you're looking for?

Yep. The one with the jeans, not the wheels :laughing7: :thumbsup: :love7:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is she wearing mens jeans? Too high in the waiste and too long on the bottom.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Jason, nothing about her is too good or too bad, she's okay, nothing I can't or couldn't eventually get over. She's certainly better than a broken tecter, man-jeans and all. Now that big azz coil on those big balloon tires!!... MAN, that crap is getting me all worked up, not sleeping too good at night cause of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread