yikes!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can pay more or less for a detector but paying the most doesn't guaranty that you will get a detector that works for you. I had a DFX and the 4X6 coil and it was very easy to operate. I only sold it because of bad knees and getting down on the ground and I mostly do water hunting anyway. The DFX is very versatile.

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reading the other posts doesn't find the goods.

If the DFX does, then money well spent.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
donj said:
From what i'm reading on various posts I could have done better to spend my 1000 dollars on a detector other than a DFX. :icon_scratch:

Not sure why you would think this, I've been using a DFX for almost 10 years to deadly affect.
I can walk circles around others with other machines and have discovered amazing tallents that this
machine has.... after buying my 1st one, I liked it so much I bought a second one just in case one went bad.... never really did... but just in case....
Don't get to hunt much anymore but it is the best versitile machine I've ever used...
just me...
Richard

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
If you go by what you read about detectors in the post's ............. You will be changing detectors as much as you change pants................Get a detector learn how to use it and it will find any thing and every thing that any detector will find................. Your DFX is a great detector................

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
It is easy to be tempted by the top end machine, or any good machine, or any machine at all, making good finds, that in fact any top end machine, or any good machine, or any machine at all, will surely find, in the good spot that you have been lucky enough to find, that contains them (the finds). Join the club of metal tectin reality.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
What they said. (all other replies)

The DFX (haven't used one) is one awesome machine from what I've seen of it in the field with users I've hunted with.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gleaner1 said:
It is easy to be tempted by the top end machine, or any good machine, or any machine at all, making good finds, that in fact any top end machine, or any good machine, or any machine at all, will surely find, in the good spot that you have been lucky enough to find, that contains them (the finds). Join the club of metal tectin reality.

I think what he is saying is, If I get a signal and call you over.... you will get the same signal with
whatever machine you are using....
and vice versa... almost to a signal, this has been true with machines I have used.
The exceptions being an older model Tesoro Stingray I had and a friend had a Whites Spectrum.
He got a Quarter signal in a church yard that I could not pick up, I said I did not believe it was anything..... He dug it anyway..... and got a standing liberty Quarter...
But with the DFX I even went up against a relic hunter with one of those Nautilus machines
he swore by his, but every signal he got... I got... with my DFX...
So it's not so much the machine, as the operator... and what you happen to walk over..
I learned a long time ago how to swing my machine for the best affect, any machine...
keep the coil flat, and swing all the way to the left and right, don't cut the wheat with your coil....
Richard

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
#1 --the dfx is a good quality machine

#2 with practice and a bit of skill & luck it will find good stuff for you

#3 there is always the " should I have" gotten a differant one factor -- too late for that now -- you bought it --now learn to use it and have some fun -- you most likely will NOT get rich off your detector , it takes time and effort to learn your machine at least 50 hours in the feild actually using it ..also where you go to hunt and ithe land / waters past history has a lot to do with what you will find :wink: :icon_thumright:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
TORRERO said:
gleaner1 said:

I think what he is saying is, If I get a signal and call you over.... you will get the same signal with
whatever machine you are using....
and vice versa... almost to a signal, this has been true with machines I have used.
The exceptions being an older model Tesoro Stingray I had and a friend had a Whites Spectrum.
He got a Quarter signal in a church yard that I could not pick up, I said I did not believe it was anything..... He dug it anyway..... and got a standing liberty Quarter...
But with the DFX I even went up against a relic hunter with one of those Nautilus machines
he swore by his, but every signal he got... I got... with my DFX...
So it's not so much the machine, as the operator... and what you happen to walk over..
I learned a long time ago how to swing my machine for the best affect, any machine...
keep the coil flat, and swing all the way to the left and right, don't cut the wheat with your coil....
Richard
Yes that is what he is saying ..... And after hunting for over 40 years i found out them ... High cost detectors from our top 4 detector makers in the US and our 1 Australia detector maker.............. Really will not find any more than there low to mid range detectors will................... You hear a lot of BS on here from ones about what there detectors will do.............. Don't fall for it.............

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
the DFX is a very good MD. I used to have one. the only reason I sold it, is because it didn't take very long and I was hunting by looking at the icons on the screen, rather than use my hearing

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
Yes that is what he is saying ..... And after hunting for over 40 years i found out them ... High cost detectors from our top 4 detector makers in the US and our 1 Australia detector maker.............. Really will not find any more than there low to mid range detectors will................... You hear a lot of BS on here from ones about what there detectors will do.............. Don't fall for it.............

Thanks for the laugh! :laughing7:

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't know if I can add more than what the other posts have said but everyone gave some great tips. The DFX is a great machine and there is a learning curve to fully understand its potential. So many people post how well there machine is better than others. Again don't fall for it. That DFX is a great machine and once you learn how to set it to get the maximum depth you will not want to get rid of it. Also get the book Digging Deeper with the DFX as there are some great tips that will help you.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
bazinga said:
Keppy said:

Thanks for the laugh! :laughing7:
bazinga..... Your more than welcome ..... Thanks for sort of seeing what i say................ A lot on here have no idea what i am saying.......... :occasion14: :occasion14:

Attachments

• bunny-dance.gif
    bunny-dance.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 274
  • bunny-dance.gif
    bunny-dance.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 268

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my DFX earlier this year, and before that I used my XLT for more than 15 years. I was a little freaked out with the DFX at first, but then I got it set up the way I like it for my area and hunting style, and I am thinking I will have this detector for a long time too. It has found me some good stuff this year. Niffler

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread