need new headphones, ideas?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe since you rely on your hearing to pick out the tiny differences in tone and pitch from your detector you should use the best phones you can. I only now use Detector Pro Black Widow's. They fit around the ear and not squishing the ear like the cheapies do.

http://www.detectorpro.com/headphones.htm Sorry about the sick music...Prices are higher than most users like, but why use the best detector you can afford and then buy cheap headphones. Killer Bee's are also very good.

Dirty Money

Sep 21, 2010
Saginaw, MI
Detector(s) used
White's MX5 w/ 8X6 SEF, Garrett Pro-Pointer, X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use Killer B's Wasp headphones. Like the Pros, they're top of the line and you can't go wrong with either. The reason I went with the Killer B's was I couldn't stand the music on the Detector Pro site. :laughing7: That's not true. I chose the Wasps over the Pros because of the leather ear muffs. They aren't any quieter. They aren't any noisier. Leather just lasts a lot longer, and is more comfortable for me.

HH

EARL51

Nov 4, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 70
Koss UR-30 Headphones
Lifetime guarantee, already replaced mine with a new set. My fault from yanking on them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread