How to set my detector to just select gold objects?

History Detective

Aug 30, 2010
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
I have a Garrett Ace 250 metal detector I bought a couple of months ago...can anyone please help me with specific settings that I can set my detector to to just sound off on gold objects?
Example: what modes and sensitivity settings?
Is this even possible?
Thanks!

Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If there's track, there had to be someplace for the people to camp that set the rails--especially if it's a very old set of rails. If you can find where they camped, you may find some interesting things indeed.

Your question about a setting to only find gold is not a crazy question at all. As I primarily hunt gold nuggets, I'd love a detector that would only detect gold, or have settings for only gold; however, gold is always alloyed with some other metal, unless you're looking for .999 fine coins from a mint, so that restricts what can be done with detectors at this stage in their development. But, don't rule out the power of invention--someone may come up with a way to isolate and lock on to a "gold only" (regardless of the alloys) signal some day.

All the best,

Lanny

Cvscam

Apr 27, 2008
When I got my first detector I grabbed a bunch of gold items to test my machine. I found out fast that I was not going to find small gold items unless they were low caret or near coins. I have never found a gold coin but I have found some nice 14k-18k items(mostly rings and bigger earrings).

HuntNdig

Oct 6, 2011
North Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you are looking for is this! Turn her upside down, she will find the gold.
Gold-Digger-pic.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread