Got my first grief!

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very happy to say I copped my first bit of grief for Md'ing today. Drunken smartarse losers file out of pub and stumble along the river about 75 m to yell out "Quick mate I've lost a dollar", then extended laughing. As is the tradition out here I gave them the finger and carried on in the beautiful thoughts of the ring I pulled at same place this morning. They stumbled off into their late arvo stupor - scoops also look intimidating sometimes don't they?
Totally lame grief I know, but my first and it's special ;D Hardly the valiant efforts of I forget who - but posted recently about using some "Southern" hospitality on the beach after rocks thrown by hooligan fool?

Upvote 0

HuntNdig

Oct 6, 2011
North Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i hear ya! The other day in the park a kid (mid teens mind you) says in a smart alec way, "if you find a treasure chest i get half" and goes on to laugh because he though he was funny....i returned with " you don't know much about geography do you, we are 800 miles from any coast line." I guess he never got it because the puzzled look on his face. I laughed and carried on!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heck--he might not even be familiar with the word, "geography".

As for the hammered party animals--they probably thought they were genuinely funny.

All the best,

Lanny

Parisdakarbmw

Sep 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I've lost my dollar"..................... Response...... Sorry, I couldn't hear you. My fecal meter was making too much noise.. What was that?

"If you find a treasure chest do I get half?" No, but if you see me dig a treasure chest up, I'll be sure to put you in the hole :) and cover you up

"I lost my ring...Let me know if you find it" Yeah..You might want to walk ahead of me if you plan to find it, and keep it

"What's the most valuable thing you have ever found?" Well, this thing seems to be more of a crap magnet than a metal detector......( It takes them a few seconds, but once they get it they walk away )

"Mind if I use your metal detector for a little while? I've always wanted to try." What exactly is it about me walking by that makes you think I'm your fishing buddy?

"What have you found today?" Inner peace and tranquility until a few seconds ago

HuntNdig

Oct 6, 2011
North Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Parisdakarbmw said:
"I've lost my dollar"..................... Response...... Sorry, I couldn't hear you. My fecal meter was making too much noise.. What was that?

"If you find a treasure chest do I get half?" No, but if you see me dig a treasure chest up, I'll be sure to put you in the hole :) and cover you up

"I lost my ring...Let me know if you find it" Yeah..You might want to walk ahead of me if you plan to find it, and keep it

"What's the most valuable thing you have ever found?" Well, this thing seems to be more of a crap magnet than a metal detector......( It takes them a few seconds, but once they get it they walk away )

"Mind if I use your metal detector for a little while? I've always wanted to try." What exactly is it about me walking by that makes you think I'm your fishing buddy?

"What have you found today?" Inner peace and tranquility until a few seconds ago

Lol this is too funny! Thanks for the lines!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread