Oklahoma metal detector sites

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
It's been said that there aren't any good sites in OK. I will start it off with one . Wonder if there are many on here from OK.
Roger Mills County: In the late 1850's, a group of mexican miners transporting gold dust and nuggets from the Colorado gold fields was attacked by a band of Indians as they neared the Antelope Hills just NW of Crawford. Before the attack, they hid the gold in a cave on the slope of one of the hills and hastily made a fortress in the rocks. Only two escaped and the gold was never recovered. A Mexican ancestor appeared in the area in 1905 and dug in the Antelope hills for several months without success. Over the years erosion had completely consealed the treasure cave.
Ghost townes in the area: Clifford,on SE slope of Antelope Hills, 3 mi.NW of Crawford.
Hamburg, on the Washita River, 5mi S of Durham.
Redmoon, On the Washita River, 12mi NW of Cheyenne.
Downey, 3ni NE of Roll.
Frank

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can "what if" all day long, it's just mental masturbation.

The reality is that you ask someone to hunt thier property, hope to find a few nice coins and go home. Caches are rarity, one in 10,000 type of rare. I don't ever mention a "split" with an owner unless they bring it up. If you have a split agreement and find a cache, you split it, just like you agreed upon. No agreement, I take it home when I leave along with all the trash.... just like every other hunt.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Jason, go back and read the post!!! We were talking about a cache, and in that case an agreement in advance is best. Frank

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
Jason, go back and read the post!!! We were talking about a cache, and in that case an agreement in advance is best. Frank

No, this thread was about places to hunt. I feel that you are simply trying to argue with everything I post, so I will not respond to any further posts from you.

bigrush828

Aug 7, 2010
Northwest Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Frankn said:
OK Adrian, here you go. Garfield Co. Only ghost townes listed, but they can be the source of many relics.
Harperville,NE of Billings, 1894-1900
Cropper,on RR,3mi E of Breckinridge
White,5mi SW Garber, 1894-1903
Bloomer,5mi SE Garber, 1893-1901
Barr,5mi S Drummond, 1899-1906
Let me know if you find anything, Hay how about a ghost town video. I use to shoot videos. Here's a tip. When you scan from point to point do it slowly. take about 10 seconds. It holds the attention. Good luck. Frank

Frankn, do you know of any cool ghost towns/MD places in Eastern OK? Specifically N.E. OK?

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big Rush,

You an Okie too??

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@stoop....did you see my video from Sunday? Frank told me about that area...& I went & checked it out. Cant wait to go back!! I joined the OK forum Havnt seen you on there??

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bigrush828 OKie's a big place, even NE OK. I need a County. But if you want to see them all check out United States Treasure Atlas Volume #8 by: Thomas P. Terry. They are on E Bay or at the library. ISBN:0-939850-23-0 There are over 900 listings Frank

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am all over that forum. Didn't see you on there. I go by bigboyshobbies.net on there.

Didn't see your video either. Can you email me a link? [email protected]

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart, did you see my video? Perhaps you could help me navigate the OK forum a bit....a little confusing..??

bigrush828

Aug 7, 2010
Northwest Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
Other
stoopstroop said:
Big Rush,

You an Okie too??

Not an Okie, but close enough to make a day trip :)

I am from Louisiana originally, but have lived in Northwest Arkansas for 8 yrs now. OK is only 30 min or so from me.

Deftone

Jan 10, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is good stuff! Keep up the good work. I'll have to check out that site stoop. :icon_thumright: Thx n HH! ;D

bigrush828

Aug 7, 2010
Northwest Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Frankn said:
Bigrush828 OKie's a big place, even NE OK. I need a County. But if you want to see them all check out United States Treasure Atlas Volume #8 by: Thomas P. Terry. They are on E Bay or at the library. ISBN:0-939850-23-0 There are over 900 listings Frank

I will check that out!

oklhhyde

Greenie
Jul 16, 2012
Oklahoma city
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Oklahoma City. Any good areas close by? I have been to thunderbird and an old city park I know of but haven't had much luck other than a 1966 quarter and a few pennies.

ok_digger

Greenie
Mar 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well who knows any good places in western oklahoma lol, i have been to the salt plains and that area, i work for the highway department so we get around to alot of places, i never heard the story about any treasures near the spillway, i have heard about something in the gloss mountains, kind of west of fairview ok, any way im new to the site just not new to detecting lol, a person can learn alot, thanks all

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok_digger said:
well who knows any good places in western oklahoma lol, i have been to the salt plains and that area, i work for the highway department so we get around to alot of places, i never heard the story about any treasures near the spillway, i have heard about something in the gloss mountains, kind of west of fairview ok, any way im new to the site just not new to detecting lol, a person can learn alot, thanks all

Salt plaines was my stomping grounds!!! I'm in western Ok as well....Chisilm trail stretches very far across our area....perhaps a good place to get started!!!

taylorb

May 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys im new to metal detecting. Can anyone help me with metal detecting sites in southeast oklahoma. i am from Poteau

gigispop7

Mar 22, 2009
Oklahoma city,Ok
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett AT gold, Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok co .here

Vampcatt

Greenie
May 1, 2013
Eufaula, Ok
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150, Garrett 250 -
PRO POINTER!! (Finally!)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Southeast Oklahoma here too..

Know any spots in Southeast Oklahoma? We are a metal detecting family now( just recently got metal detectors for hubby, myself and 5 yr old daughter :) ..
We are looking for some great spots.. My daughter just loves metal detecting.. of course, unlike the Hubby and I.. she never grows tired of digging up cans and poptops even!.. LOL....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions