Oklahoma metal detector sites

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
It's been said that there aren't any good sites in OK. I will start it off with one . Wonder if there are many on here from OK.
Roger Mills County: In the late 1850's, a group of mexican miners transporting gold dust and nuggets from the Colorado gold fields was attacked by a band of Indians as they neared the Antelope Hills just NW of Crawford. Before the attack, they hid the gold in a cave on the slope of one of the hills and hastily made a fortress in the rocks. Only two escaped and the gold was never recovered. A Mexican ancestor appeared in the area in 1905 and dug in the Antelope hills for several months without success. Over the years erosion had completely consealed the treasure cave.
Ghost townes in the area: Clifford,on SE slope of Antelope Hills, 3 mi.NW of Crawford.
Hamburg, on the Washita River, 5mi S of Durham.
Redmoon, On the Washita River, 12mi NW of Cheyenne.
Downey, 3ni NE of Roll.
Frank

Upvote 0

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I signed up yesterday, still waiting:BangHead:

I think they fell apart. Forum website changed to another domain, then seems to have died, but old free forum host link is still active. They have a FB page, but it hasn't been updated in years.

cgage99

Mar 31, 2017
Sand Springs, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am trying to find a place in northeast Oklahoma to detect. I don't know where to go. Does anyone have any ideas?

cgage99

Mar 31, 2017
Sand Springs, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks big man. I live in the Tulsa area but if I get to the 405 I will definitely check that park out

matthew0419

Nov 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello new to the site any good areas in eastern Oklahoma I'm in McIntosh county

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread