Big Ups to Fisher F75 Ltd Edition

LaTxHunter

Aug 21, 2011
I just ordered a slightly used, but still expensive, Fisher F75 Ltd Edition with the Camo Paint.

I used to metal detect A LOT but quit about 15 years ago due to other commitments. However, the bug hit me again and after reading a ton of reviews I decided to go with the Fisher.

Bear in mind, I am primarily a relic hunter, started out with a D-Tex years ago then went to a Fisher 1265, then Tesoro Golden Sabre for coinshooting and trashy areas, then swapped the 1265 for a 1266. I was very familiar with Fisher and, in my mind, the 1265 was probably the best relic machine ever. The 1266 was good, but chattered too much.

Anyway, I got the F75 in and read through the instructions, watched some videos online, then went to hit an old church yard I have been hunting for years and have pulled hundreds of coins out of as well as a few civil war relics.

The F75 only took a few minutes to get used to and started producing immediately. In about an hour I pulled a dozen coins from the churchyard which I know has been hunted hard. They were deep and most of the time was spent digging. This was in Louisiana and the ground is hard as a rock (I wasn't really digging as much as chipping away chunks of cement like clay) so that took most of my time.

I'll be using it for relics soon, but I just wanted to put this on here in case anybody is thinking of buying but hesitating because of the price. If you can afford it, it definitely is worth the money. I'm not a big meter fan, since I mostly relic hunt, but the meter was dead on as far as identity of the coin and the depth. I dug one dime at about 8 inches and the signal was LOUD through the speaker, I wasn't using headphones, so I know the depth is there on this machine.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet...... :hello: Didn't know Fisher made a Camo F-75 Ltd.

gmanlight

Jun 17, 2007
MA NH seacoast
Detector(s) used
what ever works
If you want a eye opener ,find one of those deep coin targets and while in boost mode
lift the coil 4,5 ,6 inches and still hit it loud and clear.
This is were thy really show ,hunting in brush hi grass and twigs.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice machine. You will love it!

dwentzel228

Greenie
Jun 25, 2011
I have the 75 ltd also in the Camo version. This is really the Special edition 75 and then fisher renamed it the LTD and made it all black. This is my understanding of the difference between the camo 75 SE and 75 ltd, no difference except color. The sniper coil is killer, hunted a site pretty hard withe stock coil and a AT pro, went back in with the sniper and found 3 silver in one day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread