Anybody recognize these two detectors from these rotten pictures?

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO

Attachments

• met1.jpeg
    met1.jpeg
    23.6 KB · Views: 693
  • met2.jpeg
    met2.jpeg
    20.6 KB · Views: 723
Upvote 0

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sure the black one is a Whites Prizm IV.

The other looks like a Whites based on the colors but.......... :dontknow: Is it even all there?

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The black one says what it is on the coil. :thumbsup:

The white one I'm not sure, looks like it could be an underwater detector. Whats it say on the coil?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The white one is either a headhunter type (with all electronics in the phones) or else it's missing the control box.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the control box was missing myself. In the pic I'm attaching inside the red circle, looks like the end end of the wire to me.

Attachments

• met1edit.jpeg
    met1edit.jpeg
    31.1 KB · Views: 959
OP
OP
B

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Ok, I visited the auction and the black one is a Prizm V with an IV's coil. It's working but the batteries are almost dead. The white one is just a straight stick with a Pro XL Deepscan coil. That seems to be from an old Whites 6000 series.

There's an auction on ebay right now with a Prizm V that's over $300, but it's in like new condition. I figure if I can get it for $100 I'll be able to get a little profit out of it, AFTER I play with it for a while.

There's also a Whites Bullseye 140mm in the case. Hopefully that will go reasonably also.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The white's 6000 coil and headphones would bring a few bucks, new 950 coils (what that one is) aren't cheap. You could probably get $25 for it if it worked.

OP
OP
B

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Final Report: I won the good stuff!
I got the Prizm V with the Prizm IV coil for $100. Basically I just held my hand up and waited for everyone else to back off. They probably didn't even know if it even worked like I knew, I never saw anyone else actually take it off the wall, so if they were going by the coil only they would have assumed it was a Prizm IV as 19blockhead64 inferred. If you detected around here you'd know why the smaller coil is preferable to use, though maybe not as salable that way.

I picked up the Whites Bullseye 140mm for $10. I might have jumped in too soon, I probably could have got it for $5.

Lastly, I won 3 digging knives for $5. One is a Craftsman bulb digger, the other two are real heavy knives with motorcycle grips on them. Why didn't I think of that before?!? I put some batteries in the detector and went out and found an old whatzit, a new quarter and a deep soda can before it got dark. Everything seems to be in good working order. Woohoo!

OP
OP
B

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Jason in Enid said:
Congrats on winning your auctions!
Thanks, I just got finished with the pics for ebay. I didn't get your estimate on the 950 until I got back, it went for $15. I think the lady that got it thought she was buying a whole detector.

I don't think that 950 coil would work on the Prizm V, which I believe comes with a different 9.5" coil.

I thank the moderators for not moving this too quickly to the Garage Sale or Whites forums. I should probably open a separate thread in those forums if I want to get all wrapped up in recounting the auction or discussing the relative merits of the coils that fit this detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread