Any idea why my pinpointer wont stop vibrating/ringing?

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Re: Any idea why my pinpointer won't stop vibrating/ringing?

Shut it off ;)
Then take the batteriees out.
Then put in new ones and turn the sensitivity down

P

phxAZ

you may have metallic debris (probably iron) stuck in it. Try cleaning it and/or using a magnet to remove it.

OP
OP
Kiros32

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

As soon as I posted this, I expected a few answers like that....thanks Gypsy lol. I understand how to adjust the pinpointer, I have had it for quite a while. As most of you know, when you turn it on, you can adjust the sensitivity and it will vibrate when close to metal. WELL, when I turn mine on, it vibrates and won't stop vibrating, whether its close to metal or not, even after adjusting the sensitivity (as I stated in my original post). I have put 2 new batteries in it, and still nothing. I will try to clean it out, possibly some metallic debris somewhere.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Ok...Mine was doing the same thing....thats why I shut it off and dumped the batteries...maybe the debris fell out then! Hahaha...

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

there is also the possibility of a loose wire- I gotta send mine in, it sometimes doesn't vibrate when it should, depending on how I hold the button. Annoying to say the least!

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2

I read somewhere that the button on a bullseye pointer goes bad,also read you can buy a good replacement switch at Radio Shack,after all my reading I opted for a vibra-probe,been working it like a borrowed mule for four months now and dont have any complaints to file thus far and Ive only gone through one 9 volt though Im sure the second one will die on me tomorrow now that I brought it up...HH

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OK, I gotta say it's broke. The easy fixes are described in other posts. With the switch, sometines just cleaning it helps since dirt gets in there easiely. If all else fails, don't bury it in a park for us to find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread