Upvote 0

Elbandido

Dec 14, 2008
Vancouver washington
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola/BandidoII u max/Quick draw II/Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ya on another forum i saw a post where a person was told by Tesoro that these were good ones to use.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a pair of Calrad headphones that came with my first detector (Garrett GTAx 400). They lasted for 6 years.

I was very happy with them.

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a pair that i'm using right now and have used it on the vaquero in the past and does well and the deep tech machines i run now the calrads work better than the jolly roger ultimates that i had the calrads i can hear the distinctions better

dale68

Jan 12, 2009
I bought 2 calrads close to 20 yrs ago, my dog destroyed one, I'm still using the 2 nd one. I've used them on bounty hunter, fisher, whites, and garrett machines; worked well on all of them.

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rey914v8 said:
Hi I'm also looking for a set to use with my Vaqero what model # did you get? or use?

Not sure which model number. Its just a pair the dealer said works best for him and thought i would be happy with them. Still gotta wait and see. Hopefully i'll get it in the next couple days

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had several pairs that were listed as a suggested retail of 29.95 that were included with detector purchases. They worked okay, but I've found that I like the sound of the Detector Pro Grey Ghosts and similar a fair bit better. Might be just my ears and preference. In any event they'll do the job and will be much better than trying to use the detector speaker.
luvsdux

Nevada Coyote

Oct 20, 2009
Yerington, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Bounty Gold Digger, Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two sets of calrad head phones, one for my White's v/sat and one for my wife's Gold bug. They work very good. Paid $25.00 for them at the Reno prospector store in, (you guessed it) Reno. I like them.
Nevada Coyote

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the ones i use are 15-135's and they will take a beating! Its kind of nice to buy something cheap and works effectively!

badger

Mar 7, 2012
Divide, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know anything about Scoolmate Headphones? They came with my "V". I don't know anything about them.

CKaufman

Feb 3, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250 /tesoro silver sabre umax/
garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive used a pair of calrad 15-135b for the last 4 years. Bought em at a yard sale new in the box for $5. They worked really well up until 2 weeks ago when they just quit working. I took them completely apart, cut off 3 inches of the cord, and found out on 2 of the wires the insulation had cracked. I re-wired and soldered them back together and they worked perfectly. I use a Tesoro Siver Sabre Umax with the Calrad phones and they work well together.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread