Video historical site Sewells Stockade

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Re: Video historical site Sewell's Stockade

Adrian, You found it. Jason's directions must have been good. What did you find there? My hearing is not to good and I couldn't make out what you were holding. Frank

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frank, actually, it's kind of confusing, so we asked some neighbours who were more than helpful & gave us an exact location. When we got there, there was a film crew doing a documentary on the Chisolm Trail. There are 2 different monuments there. One on the south side of the road, one on the Norrth. I found what looks to be an old can...but I scratched it up with my lesche....going to see if I can clean it up & see what exactly it was. Man, that area looks very promising as far as finding relics, I can't wait to go back & will hunt until I find something. I just got a late start yesterday & didn't have much time there....but there's DEFINIT history on that land!!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

Adrian, Keep at it. See if you can locate the actual site where the stockade existed. It would probably be in site of the trail and if possible, on a little rise. You probably won't find a foundation because the walls were probably long logs with their base planted in the ground. There will probably be a trash dump site near it which might show a dark area from burning trash. The metal content of the area will be higher. If you find a target work a spiral pattern around it. To avoid damaging a target work your coil in from 4 sides on the target to get it's location, then dig around it to remove a plug with the target. It's more work but less damage. Good Luck, Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread