Finally pulled the trigger on a new Garrett Treasure Ace 250!!!

cmlmich

Dec 10, 2004
Well after researching it to death....I finally bought the Garrett Treasure Ace 250. I got it on ebay from a very reputable company for $199.00 out the door with free shipping and free headphones, carry bag, apron, ect. I thought not a bad deal and stayed within my $200 budget! :D Now I sit and wait three months for this lovely Michigan weather to get better.? >:(

Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Congratulations... on your new machine.
Right below ya, here in Indy,,, Waiting. :(
Good Luck & Happy Hinting~

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004
Time to do research for spring. You can still hunt beaches and volly ball courts if not snow covered.

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Give us the details when you get it.....quality,balance,weight,etc. I hoping to order mine next week.

Wonder how much it would be for next day or 2 day shipped?.....I cant wait to get one.

OP
OP
C

cmlmich

Dec 10, 2004
Thanks everyone. I am happy to finally order it. I am planning on doing some research on places to hunt in my area. I will go to the local library and try to find some history on certain areas around here.
I think I got a great deal on it though. They say is should be here late next week. Hopefully by Christmas.

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey cml......just wondering if you got your 250 yet. Im gonna order mine tonight and was wondering how long the wait to get it was.

If you got yours from who I think...how long did it take with where you live? That way, I'll have an idea about how long it will take to get to the east coast.

J

jim c

hey same here in Arkansas,should be here today,199.oo free goodies,and shipping on ebay,will be hunting in my back yard today-snows almost gone.first detectorand first post.will keep in touch with finds and such.everyone on this forum has been great. read everything to date.happy hollydays.

OP
OP
C

cmlmich

Dec 10, 2004
Good luck with yours Jim. I live in Western Michigan and we will have snow here for ALONG time!
Zeke....it did come on December 23! The people I bought it from were very fast and accurate on the delivery time...I ordered it on the 15th and recieved it on the 23rd. It came from California. I hope you love as much as I do and I can't even take it outside yet! :'(

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I just got an email saying it will be 7-9 days for mine to get here. :'(

Man I wish I would have went ahead and paid for the 2 day delivery. Its supposed to be in the 60s here by the weekend.

J

jim c

well i got the 250 yesterday,but it was almost dark by the time ups got here.riped it out of the box and turned it on,checked wife's face with it something in her mouth,not sure what,ran out side to check the back yard and sure enough beeps everywere with the sensitivity turned way down,in coin mode.pinpointed it,ran out of the house so fast i forgot to bring something to dig with.so started to dig with my finger an found some canslaw.here's a pic of my very first artifact.think i will frame it.ha ha--well here is the link best i can do? ?http://jim84640.tripod.com/finds ,but all us first timers will see this stuff soon enough,i can't wait till morning, oh ya? any help on posting pics without having to go to a url i would appreciate.? ? hey Zeke ,Leon 7-9 days will seem like a life time thats about how long it took me to get mine with x-mas and all. and to Cmlmich I'm glad i live down south. GET'EM in the DIRT

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Im jealous Jim? :(? j/k? congrats! Maybe if I could sleep straight thru until I get it, it wont seem like that long.

Let me give this a try.........

finds

One more time...........

4.jpg

Nope.........your best bet it to upload them straight to the board from your PC. I have found that Tripod isnt that good at pic hosting.

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Nope........that didnt work. The link you gave must not be quite right.

If you click on the browse box to the right of attach.......located below the area you type your post in.......go to where ever the pic is stored in your PC. I put most of mine in a sub folder named Detecting pics I created in "My Documents" That way, I know right where they are and are easy to find. When you find the pic, click it to highlight it, then click open and it will put it in the white box beside of Attach, and youre set.

J

jim c

hey zeke tried that but when i wen't to preview it there was nothing there,i'll try again.thanks

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 223
J

jim c

hey it won't preview but it will post'em cool.time to hit the backyard and put it, and me! too the test.

OP
OP
C

cmlmich

Dec 10, 2004
JimC...that has got to be the best looking can slaw I have seen ;D
Seeing how you live in a snow free area..please continue to give us northerners a fix and post your finds. It is still suppose to be 45 degrees here later in the week...I will be out in the yard!
Zeke...the wait is hard...but it will be worth it...did yours come from California too? Sounds like the same place.

1shotcleaner

hi i am glad to see that I'm not the only one to decide to get MD in winter i got mine on Monday and after annoying my wife for the entire evening air checking the thing out i got up and took my sons to the sledding hill to find some lost treasure well that didn't work out the way i wanted because my first timer sledding 3 year old cant steer apparent from the tree mark on his head so after telling him it didn't hurt for an hour he went back to sledding with his brother and i looked for things in the snow had tons of alerts but none near the surface and frosen ground doesn't make for easy digging so i kind of gave up until i found some soft ground by the parking area i put my little guy in the truck and scanned in front of it bam 5 signals and 6 recovery's in no time.im probably hooked hope it warms up hear in indy soon and congrads on the new md .im new 1shotcleaner

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
cml......yeah its from Ca. Still banging my head for not paying for 2nd day delivery. Its supposed to be in the 60s here Thurs-Sunday.

J

jim c

------------------------------------------------------ :'(zeke :'(----------------------------------------------- I feel your pain. lets see some pic's 1shotcleaner.hey tore up the back yard yesterday,there is so much junk back there(diging holes is so much fun ;D) it sounded like popcorn with the 250,did find a penny 1972d at this rate it will pay for it self in about 50 years,but i am learning from every find.here's the pic.and todays another day-should have better luck.

Attachments

• first day in yard1.jpg
    first day in yard1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 176
OP
OP
C

cmlmich

Dec 10, 2004
Zeke....don't it figure the weather decides to be nice now! I know how you feel!
JimC....I bet your having fun digging up that stuff....I'd love to even be able to have that luxury...oh well...my time will come...good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread