Dec 29, 2008
Nashville, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems a lot of you night hunt. ???
I have a few places Ive been thinking of hitting at night but wondering what sort of lights you guys use? Red lights maybe?
I have a Petzl headlamp that is super bright but has no red.
I'd hate to get jumped so I cant hit some of my regular spots. Theyre sketchy enough in the day time and at night would be bad to be at I think.

Any other tips? ;D

Upvote 0

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I prefer to do tot lots and beaches at night. Usually just after the sun goes down.

Most of the other detectors around here go in the wee hours of the morning. I prefer to beat them to the goodies and the only way to do that is to go at night.

Also, I have to be at work at 7am and I work 80 miles from my house. I leave at 5:45am so that leaves out morning hunts for me anyway.

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We can't do the good parks here after dark, & the other one's have creepy people that linger around during night hours. @bnl, I wouldn't care to run into any fans either, however, if there was such a thing as vampires....that resembled the ones on twilight.....night hunting would be the only way to go. A little bite on the neck is no biggie...

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@mal.....not enough vampires, & too many freaks & chesters

craftime78

Greenie
Nov 10, 2011
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt at night more often than in the day and have had no problems. Although that may be because my digging tool/probe is an old Bowie knife dulled down so I don't cut myself, but no one else knows that. The blade stays nice and shiny from lots of digging. I use an older White's 6000 DI Pro with the meter and it is still visible in the moonlight. In the city you are never totally in the dark anyway. I prefer the night hunting so that no one else gets any idea of trying my favorite spots. I don't have any problem with law enforcement either since I often see crimes committed and am able to report them without the crooks having any clue as to why they got caught. Also, around here, if someone sees you with a flashlight to the ground they just think you are hunting night-crawlers, and the detector is just a new-fangled machine to help find them. LOL Oh, and BTW, I have actually found night-crawlers after poking down several times trying to locate a deeper signal.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
In a perfect scenario, if there were no threats from night time animals (read deranged killers and rapists and drugged up dopers and drunks and muggers and such), then night time hunting offers many benefits. It's an excellent opportunity for second shift workers to get some tectin' in after work, to unwind perhaps. Night time is a good way to hit your secret hot spot without every Joe Tector Dude seeing you in there and you know what happens after that. Anyways it is a scientific fact proven in a joint study by NASA and the USNTMDC that the tecting senses are heightened to max levels at night, and the ability to concentrate is improved ten fold at night, and the tector goes twice as deep at night. Oh, the life of the night hawks.

underarock

Mar 27, 2011
Southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CZ-70
Primary Interest:
Other
gleaner1 said:
In a perfect scenario, if there were no threats from night time animals (read deranged killers and rapists and drugged up dopers and drunks and muggers and such), then night time hunting offers many benefits. It's an excellent opportunity for second shift workers to get some tectin' in after work, to unwind perhaps. Night time is a good way to hit your secret hot spot without every Joe Tector Dude seeing you in there and you know what happens after that. Anyways it is a scientific fact proven in a joint study by NASA and the USNTMDC that the tecting senses are heightened to max levels at night, and the ability to concentrate is improved ten fold at night, and the tector goes twice as deep at night. Oh, the life of the night hawks.

Some people are scared of the dark some people aren't.

Zrod87

Mar 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am not scared of the dark, but abandoned wells make me think things through. image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 126

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sometimes hunt at night on the beach. The white sand is easy to see and I haven't had any problems.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
95% of my hunting is at night at the beach. No-one to bother you, no sweltering sun, fantastic !

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love night hunting the parks and soccer fields, no one to bug ya, in the fall/winter when it gets dark at 5 p.m. I don't have a choice, by the time I get home from work it's dark.

timemachine

Apr 8, 2015
Seattle
Detector(s) used
GPZ7000 / Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great, that's all my kookie neighbor needs is a bunch of zombies wanderering the fields on a full moon...I suggest a red light at least.

Monkworks

Jan 20, 2015
Ont
Detector(s) used
BH, ATP, Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I suggest night hunting at least once:
1. gets you more efficient with your equipment
2. You use your eyes less, so you become more dependant on your equipment
3. Use a headlamp
4. Need a backlight on your screen, or use the detector sounds to guide you
5. after a night of detecting when you detect in the day you feel more aware. Heightens your senses
6. Does not disturb family time. You can still enjoy your day off with wife and kids...if you can stay awake lol
7. No one around to disturb you.
8. Watch out for wildlife ...bumped into a few critters at night. bring dog repellent...
9. tell someone where you're going and when you should be back
10. Do not let the night cowards tell you not to!

Remember in Startwars one...Skywalker had to train blindfolded to make him more effective...
army train blindfolded also...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions