Northwest Arkansas--Heavy Mineralized Soil?----Tesoro Tejon?

Bagman13

Apr 9, 2009
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero; Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone......I'm about to purchase a Tesoro Tejon and have read that it doesn't do well in bad soil or soil with heavy mineralization. I live in Northwest Arkanasas. How would I know if the soil is good soil or falls into the "bad soil" category here? Any AR hunters out there that could tell me if the conditions here would be adverse for the Tejon? If so, I've heard the Vaquero might fare better.....or maybe the Fisher 1270 would be a better option? Please help! ???

Upvote 0

Elbandido

Dec 14, 2008
Vancouver washington
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola/BandidoII u max/Quick draw II/Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So who told you that?
Sounds like something my local shop would say to get me to buy a 1500$ Detector.
I would ask on the Tesoro forum here so you can get a unbiased opinion.

OP
OP
Bagman13

Bagman13

Apr 9, 2009
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero; Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Elbandido said:
So who told you that?
Sounds like something my local shop would say to get me to buy a 1500$ Detector.
I would ask on the Tesoro forum here so you can get a unbiased opinion.

I'm not sure.....I read it somewhere on Tnet or maybe on an internet review.......I've come across that topic a few times now.....it probably is mumbo jumbo....I just wanted to get someone's opinion....? ? I'll post this to the Tesoro forum....thanks!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would look in the Fisher gold bug pro or Teknetics G2. Both made specifically to hunt in highly mineralized soils. hey are quiet running machines and very easy to use.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread