Good low cost tool for digging for newbie???

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a Gator digger. Got mine free. Check some detector dealer sites and see what they cost. I doubt mine would cost over 20 bucks.

J

jim c

got mine from e-bay -$5.00 +shipping,havent got this yet so can't tell you about the quality. ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The sharp, beveled tip easily cuts through grass, and hard dirt. The concave blade makes it easy to cut perfect grass plugs, and scoop dirt so there won?t be any mess after you dig up your target. Also great for prying through those pesky roots.

This trowel is excellent for camping, hiking, and gardening too!

Strong one-piece construction, forged from a single 11 inch bar of 14 gauge high-quality chrome-moly steel. It features a comfortable, non-slip vinyl grip in international orange covering the end. The blade is engraved with a handy 6 inch depth gauge. The handle is not solid plastic, the steel bar continues under the entire grip.

The total length of the digger is 11 ? inches. The blade is 6 ? inches long x 1 ? inches wide. Handle is 4 ? inches long.

THESE TROWELS ARE 100% MADE IN THE U.S.A.!!? Not made in China and out of cheap, thin steel like other people sell.

RTJ-LTD is an authorized dealer of these trowels and they come with a LIFETIME WARRANTY AGAINST BENDING!

On detecting sites these trowels can go for up to $25.00 with shipping & tax!

This is the best deal on Ebay for diggers!

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 197

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004
Home depot 24 inch garden shovel for under ten bucks can use your foot with it to cut roots with practice you can cut a nice plug and replace with no mess they work great for the not so visable areas and woods. For parks and schools etc. any rugged trowl will do the trick. Good luck. Cladius.

OP
OP
C

cmlmich

Dec 10, 2004
JimC....please let me know back at this post and let me know the quality of your digging tool when you get it. The price is very reasonable.

Cladius...thank you for the Home Depot idea. I will buy one of those too. I think it is a good idea to have both on hand where ever you go.

J

jim c

ok got it in the mail this morning it is just as advertised in photo cuts right throu grass and small roots nice plugs,built to last a life time,I'll have to buy the wife one now ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions