Pro Pointer vs Others (I know its been done before)

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this subject has been beaten into the ground over and over and over.... just like everyone one else... I have an opinion too... I but I will back mine up with facts...

so for those who want to know why the Pro Pointer is better.... here it is...

#1 The Pro Pointer IS more sensitive
#2 The Pro Pointer has a proximity sensor (it get faster the closer you get tot he target)
#3 The Pro Pointer has an on off switch its not a button so it is hands free (don't have to hold the button down)
#4 The Pro Pointer has a LED light
#5 The Pro Pointer has a vibrating motor in it that is in sync with the proximity sensor (its vibrates faster the closer you get)
#6 The Pro Pointer is smaller and you can get further into a hole
#7 The Pro Pointer is far far more durable
#8 The Pro Pointer has detection up the shaft not just at the tip (yes that helps a lot)
#9 The Pro Pointer has a 2 YEAR Warranty (but its not likely you ever use it)
#10 The Pro Pointer can be made water proof by covering the speaker holes and the on/off switch

Downfalls of the Pro Pointer

Its costly but well worth it
No modifications can be made but you don't need to
Not waterproof but it can be made to be waterproof

When you have a quality product it speaks for it self... and the Pro Pointer does.

Did I miss anything? so in my opinion the FACTS says it all

Chukers

Upvote 0

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

Attachments

• 500MH.jpg
    500MH.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 839
  • 500MH.jpg
    500MH.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 844

dbsmokey

Jan 12, 2004
Oregon
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The good thing about this thread is at least it's taking a humorous turn!

Frankn said:
That Pinto Squire is nice, maybe worth more than the mud dobbed. Here's the case for my HF.
It always travels in it. Frank

smcdmc

Aug 12, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 500, Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
Chukers, How can you say wrong again? I identified a problem you had and a cure that you implemented before you told me about them. I would say that proves that I know what I am talking about. The reason the price difference burns me up is because they both do the same thing at the same speed. Yes the pro comes in a betted looking case. I will give you that, but I bet the components in both cost about the same. Frank

Not sure why I'm responding to a thread that Frank is arguing because it's pointless. But, your wrong Frank. Not only do they not do the same things, they were not even designed to do the same things. The pro pointer has a rigid blade edge on one side that is designed to be used to scrape the dirt with. It comes from the factory with the vibrator without having to mod it. It is designed to be able to withstand a dunking and can easily be made totally waterproof. I have seen them used underwater. You can hold a coin near the base and double the depth. Not sure about the HF but the whole probe is sensitive not just the tip, which makes it much easier to locate which side of the hole you need to be concentrating on.

Shane

smcdmc

Aug 12, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 500, Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's also like saying all metal detectors do the same thing, detect metal, while overlooking the fact that the more expensive ones have a few more options than a cheap Chinese knock off.

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
That Pinto Squire is nice, maybe worth more than the mud dobbed. Here's the case for my HF.
It always travels in it. Frank
Sorry Frank but you either gotta be a harbour Frieght employee (shill) or there is something wrong with you...Lets face it sir there is no comparrison

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
chukers said:
Lakemonster said:
Personally... If I were comparing cars to the two pin pointers in question...

Cen-Tech

o1973_Ford_Pinto_Squire.jpg

Garrett Pro-Pointer

mud02.JPG

except the pinto would be under the mud stuck for ever!

I'm sure Both Pinpointers would Find The PINTO!!!! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lakemonster said:
I said you can modify a Pro Pointer.

Besides doing the coin trick...then no...

Tell ya what.... I'll take my pointer and submerge it for 30 seconds on video and turn it back on if you will do the same with the Cen Tech :o

Deal?

I would Love to See Him Take The Water Challange!!!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chug and Red said:
Lakemonster said:
I said you can modify a Pro Pointer.

Besides doing the coin trick...then no...

Tell ya what.... I'll take my pointer and submerge it for 30 seconds on video and turn it back on if you will do the same with the Cen Tech :o

Deal?

I would Love to See Him Take The Water Challange!!!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
lol!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heck I will put Up A $20.00 for Replacement costs on lakemonsters propointer if it Failed!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Chug

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went ahead and shot this the night I made the challenge. Decided to go ahead and upload it to Youtube and share it....seems a few o you were curious. You get to keep your $20, Chug. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lakemonster said:
I went ahead and shot this the night I made the challenge. Decided to go ahead and upload it to Youtube and share it....seems a few o you were curious. You get to keep your $20, Chug. :icon_thumright:

http://youtu.be/zbApQvKCRsQ

anyone wanna blow $20 and try this on a HF pin pointer? I don't have a HF near me or I'd try it!

Chukers

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lakemonster said:

http://youtu.be/zbApQvKCRsQ

Sweet Video Lets See if he will take his and try the Same Thing!!!

If I still Had the HF one I would Do it just to see what Happens!!!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well , here's how I look at it. Someone started this post to brag how he had spent so much on his pinpointer that it had to be better. The fact is that it finds the target the same as my much more frugal pinpointer does. What this post is saying is " I paid $20 for my $10 bill so it will buy more than your $10 bill. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL. Frank

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frankn said:
Well , here's how I look at it. Someone started this post to brag how he had spent so much on his pinpointer that it had to be better. The fact is that it finds the target the same as my much more frugal pinpointer does. What this post is saying is " I paid $20 for my $10 bill so it will buy more than your $10 bill. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL. Frank

I'm sorry, but he isn't bragging, he made points and backed them up, I still want to see the HF go through the tests! Red

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Chug, they have both been tested here in the technical section and they both pick up a dime at the same distance. Mine is over a year old and still finding the targets. How old is yours. I don't beat the crap out of mine and I don't use it under water. It is a simple device that is meant to find a target and it does with no problem. Well I just saw that videoand I see the problem. some people buy their equipment to abuse it and some buy it to find targets. I know some kids don't take care of their toys but I thought grown men took care of their instruments. I bought mine to find targets, not to touchier test it. Frank

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frankn said:
Chug, they have both been tested here in the technical section and they both pick up a dime at the same distance. Mine is over a year old and still finding the targets. How old is yours. I don't beat the crap out of mine and I don't use it under water. It is a simple device that is meant to find a target and it does with no problem. Frank

:laughing9: Sorry frank, but it was red who made the above comment, not me! And she is only stating facts, the pro pointer is a better probe in the long run as it lasts forever, it lets you know with better accuracy where your target is, by using the whole want intead of just the point! chug

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frankn said:
Chug, they have both been tested here in the technical section and they both pick up a dime at the same distance. Mine is over a year old and still finding the targets. How old is yours. I don't beat the crap out of mine and I don't use it under water. It is a simple device that is meant to find a target and it does with no problem. Frank

Well..... I guess that's where all that money goes. Resilience and versatility.

I detect water, shorelines and areas with loose mud. My pin pointer has to handle these environments.

Don't feel like giving that Cen Tech a dunk to see if you can?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I use a scoop on the beach, don't need a pinpointer there. Frank

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think someone is missing the point... but that is OK... Ignorance is bliss so I've been told.... Knowledge is a dangerous thing too... where do you draw the line... you can learn the easy way and you can learn the hard way as my dad always said... its your choice!

A man will do more for his stubbornness than for his religion or his country

If men were stubborn just in proportion as they were right, stubbornness would take her seat among the virtues; but men are generally stubborn just in proportion as they are ignorant and wrong.

and the best for last and most poignant...

A stubborn mind conduces as little to wisdom or even to knowledge, as a stubborn temper to happiness.

Hope you all had a great thanksgiving!

Chukers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread