Pinpointer

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frankn said:
Actually REDS, I like a lot of pinpointers, but in essance, they do the same simple task. That is find a small target in a small hole. The thing is that working in electronics for many years I know how grossly overpriced some products are. I dought if there is more than $10 difference in the manufactering cost of the two pinpointers. So we will disagree. I guess you went for "change" too.
Frank

:BangHead: :violent1: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10:

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
I use my Pro-point a lot. Half my prospecting friend that detect want to trade me their other brand point for my propointer. I politely tell them that the propoint is the only one I'll use now since everyone wants to dump theirs for mine. It's always been dependable for me and if there's something better out there then I'd get one as a back up unit.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im going to get the Garrett Freight pinpointer.

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While the Garrett Propointer might be the best selling pinpointer out there, the DetectorPro Pistol Probe is the best performer not to mention the Uniprobe also out-performs the Garrett (I own both the Uniprobe and the Pistol Probe and have used my buddies Propointer before). That being said, the Garrett is a perfectly fine pinpointer and does the job well.

I saw an earlier post in this thread that said the Pistol Probe was cheaply made which is totally untrue (I've had mine for years). It's made with as high grade plastic as Garretts and has more features. Nothing DetectorPro makes is cheaply made in my opinion.

Here's a video I found on youtube comparing the two plus a couple others.

HH
John

pwcguy

May 20, 2010
Va
Detector(s) used
E-Trac (retired)
CTX3030, Double Eagle
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Buddy has the pistol probe and hates it. I agree that it can pick up targets at a greater distance. But what happens when you are hunting trashy sites?

I used the centec for a while and had ok results with it. I didn't like having to constantly adjust it though. I now use a pro pointer and am very happy with it. :icon_thumright:

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The depth, the adapabillity, the quality construction, the name! Just buy one....you WILL NOT be disappointed. Guaranteed. Nuff said.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dirtyJohn said:
While the Garrett Propointer might be the best selling pinpointer out there, the DetectorPro Pistol Probe is the best performer not to mention the Uniprobe also out-performs the Garrett (I own both the Uniprobe and the Pistol Probe and have used my buddies Propointer before). That being said, the Garrett is a perfectly fine pinpointer and does the job well.

I saw an earlier post in this thread that said the Pistol Probe was cheaply made which is totally untrue (I've had mine for years). It's made with as high grade plastic as Garretts and has more features. Nothing DetectorPro makes is cheaply made in my opinion.

Here's a video I found on youtube comparing the two plus a couple others.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK4ujXzGQmM
HH
John
Sweet Maybe I will Have to Check It out Chug

Will it Pass the Chug test ??? Who Knows Maybe !!!! Chug

BTW How Much Is It ??? Gulp 169.00 Any one Have one that I can try out, Remember I'm tough on tools and Have a Habit of Breaking Ones that are Not Well Made!!! Nothing against Pistol Probe I am really Tough on tools!!!! Chug If I come up with the Extra Funds To Spare I will Get one to Look at First Before Using It, If it passes the Eye ball Test then all Bets are off!!!! Chug Question Is Is Pistol Probe Up to the Chug Challenge!!!!! HH Chug

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pwcguy said:
My Buddy has the pistol probe and hates it. I agree that it can pick up targets at a greater distance. But what happens when you are hunting trashy sites?

I used the centec for a while and had ok results with it. I didn't like having to constantly adjust it though. I now use a pro pointer and am very happy with it. :icon_thumright:
Well assuming you've pinpointed correctly with your metal detector and have decided to dig, then I would dig any target that registers in the hole, afterall unless you're using a sunray probe, any metal in the hole will sound off with any other pinpointer, but you can always turn down the threshold knob (sensitivity) if you want less depth. Besides, I think the Garretts would be more of a problem in trashy ground since it's sensetive down it's side and tip unlike the Pistol Probe which is sensetive just off the tip. It's nice to know exactly where the coin is long before I get my digger within an inch or two of it. Haven't hacked a coin yet since I've owned it.

I'd be perfectly happy to own the garrett though.
HH
John

Seamuss said:
You gave me two more pinpointers to check out, Dirty John. Thanks
No problem :icon_thumright:. Never hurts to know your options.
HH
John

C&R Santa's other elves said:
Sweet Maybe I will Have to Check It out Chug

Will it Pass the Chug test ??? Who Knows Maybe !!!! Chug

BTW How Much Is It ??? Gulp 169.00 Any one Have one that I can try out, Remember I'm tough on tools and Have a Habit of Breaking Ones that are Not Well Made!!! Nothing against Pistol Probe I am really Tough on tools!!!! Chug If I come up with the Extra Funds To Spare I will Get one to Look at First Before Using It, If it passes the Eye ball Test then all Bets are off!!!! Chug Question Is Is Pistol Probe Up to the Chug Challenge!!!!! HH Chug
It's pricey ($150-$189) but you can get good deals if you look around. Good Luck
HH
John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread