Tell me what your detectors name is....

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell me what your detector's name is....

Was wondering if anyone else has a name for their detector. Mines name is Pat....it's a he/she.....we are very bonded. Pat sometimes makes me mad though....especially when he/she is lazy! Pat gets chatty sometimes.....but tells fibs! That's when I gen angry with pat! Pat is notorious for playing the field....& only bring home pull tab losers....ugh! I told Pat to get it together & make me proud.....or I'm going to have to lock her in the closet. I just expect more out of shim....nothing wrong with that. Pat often attracts negative attention...& if I don't seeing some results from shim.....I'll be forced to end our relationship.

Upvote 0

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
Re: Tell me what your detector's name is....

factory name whites dfx 300 some times its oh yeah baby and some times it you piece of sh*tand you junk son of a b****and when it is really good its hot dam hot dam i found some good stuff and my daughters its factory name is the garrett ace 250 and her name for it is little yellow fella or dam thing

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Hollywood! That's because I bought an AT Pro early on when they were intro'd, then ended up hunting with the Garrett folks, who took a pic of me, which turned into this ad: http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_2011_atpro_fall_special_na.aspx
and now everybody at work calls me 'Hollywood'. LOL!

Cleetus

Oct 24, 2011
Salt Lake City, Ut.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

...Sniffy........Muck Diver.....Lord of the Rings.....TABatha the Evil Witch of the West.........and Battleship Bullettica

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lol.....very clever cleetus!!

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

This thread reminds me of the old joke about "What do you call a dog with no legs?" "It doesn't matter, it won't come anyway."
I reserve names for things that can understand......have never named a car, boat, gun, detector, etc. And, yes, there are detectors that can be set to not pick up pull tabs. My Fisher F75 makes it very easy, just run the discrimination up to 65 and you won't dig any pull tabs. Of course, you won't be digging any nickels, small gold objects or anything else that would trigger in the foil/nickel range, in fact, you will even miss a number of pennies and silver rings.

I once heard that the ratio of gold rings to pull tabs was about 1 to a thousand. I've been at this 'dirt fishing' for about a year now and have found 15 silver rings and one gold ring. Most of the silver rings have come in around the 'hot' penny range There is someone on TNet that proclaims to have found over 500 rings so far this year.....I find that astounding. He must have permission to hunt in a jewelry store, <g>.

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Snoopy.......

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I call it my Time Machine. Every time I dig a old coin I wonder about the person who lost it and I reference it to the history of what was going on in the USA at the time...............

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Roland.....quit being a grouch..loosen up & have some fun. I'll name you're detector for ya.....let's call it "grinch"! And I'd call a dog with no legs Rolandscoot....roll and scoot. He'd have to to survive....& what a coincidence....sounds alot like your name!! And I agree with the 500 ring thing.....not likely!

@CHF.....neat. I kind of do the same thing

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other

My new tector will be one of the following: Sparky, Spanky, Sport, Slim, Spooky, Socks, Smootchy-buns, Scortch, Scooter, Sniffy, Scratchy, Sunshine, Slick, Son-of-a-gun, Sonny, Sassy-pants, Scrappy, Snoopy, Scrapper, Stretch, Shooter, Shorty, Short-stuff, Schmuck, Sweat-pea, Silly-pants, Skinny-azz, Squirt, Squirrely, Stubby, Stumpy, Skipper, Skippy, Spiffy, Superman, Swizzle-pie, Sexy-shorts, Simpleton, Stumble-biscuit, or Sizzlin' Bacon and Cheesy Burger to Go. No, scratch all that. I'm going with Sorry-son-of-a-bitch.

Forgot Sugar, and Sugar-Pants, and Sugar-Plumb, and Soupy, and Soapy, and Slap-happy and Stinky. Sorry.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

My Tesoro Sidewinder's nickname is "Nickel Finding Monster".

Digaholic

Sep 17, 2010
Rhode island
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Been a while since i have seen something this creative, good work IC.

dandan

Feb 24, 2006

The first thing that came to mind for me was "Scraps" I like it! Think I'll keep it! P.S. I Candy, talk about appropriate names!! Hubba Hubba!

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Digaholic said:
Been a while since i have seen something this creative, good work IC.

Thanks bud! As I'm sure you've read, there's some very clever detectorists on here!

ali

Apr 22, 2011

;DMy metal detector is (plus star 2), of course, has advantages and disadvantages.

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008

I named my detector Barrack Hussein Obama. I don't know where it was made, who made it or what year it was made.

It tells me I have found something.....I HOPE it is something good. But all it ever finds is CHANGE.

It often LIES to me saying it is a good target when all it is, is a pull tab.

It can be very TAXING to use.

I often wish I never had this thing around.... I want to trade it in but no one wants it any more. I'd like to try other machines but they all seem to be pretty much the same.

My next machine, if it is any good, I will name Ron Paul.

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

steve from ohio said:
I named my detector Barrack Hussein Obama. I don't know where it was made, who made it or what year it was made.

It tells me I have found something.....I HOPE it is something good. But all it ever finds is CHANGE.

It often LIES to me saying it is a good target when all it is, is a pull tab.

It can be very TAXING to use.

I often wish I never had this thing around.... I want to trade it in but no one wants it any more. I'd like to try other machines but they all seem to be pretty much the same.

My next machine, if it is any good, I will name Ron Paul.

Uh oh....you maaaaaay have opened up a sensitive subject there....ROFL

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

On THAT theory, the Detector I'd trust the MOST would be named Rick Perry!!!! 

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread