Ace 250 vs Delta 4000

BigandRichman

Nov 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a newbie. Been browsing the forum for several days looking for advice. I've never detected before. Decided to start. I face the following decision (which I am seeking your thoughtful input on): knowing I am seeking/looking for old US coins on dirt in the Midwest, am I better off purchasing a new ACE 250 or purchasing a Teknetics Delta 4000 from grandpa. Grandpa purchased it last year and drives a hard bargin. Consequently, either purchase would cost about the same. Your help much appreciated.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet. :hello:

You'd get better results from hunters that know both detectors if you post it in "Head To Head Comparisons"

356rmb

Jan 16, 2017
NEPA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT/MAX, APEX, ACE 350 WITH A DD COIL,TEKNETICS DELTA 4000,
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I HAVE A ACE 350 AND ALSO A DELTA 4000 I HAD MY ACE 350 FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND A HALF IT TOOK AWHILE TO GET THE TONES DOWN BUT NOW I CAN PIN POINT AN ITEM TO AN INCH OF THE TARGET I REALLY LOVE MY ACE I JUST BROUGHT THE DELTA 4000 ABOUT A WEEK OR TWO AGO AND I'VE BEEN USING IT JUST ABOUT EVERY DAY AND IT IS A GREAT MACHINE . I DID TAKE BOTH DETECTORS WITH ME TO TEST THEM AGAINST EACH OTHER I WENT OUT FIRST WITH THE DELTA 4000 AND WHEN I WENT OVER THE SAME AREA WITH MY ACE 350 I FOUND A FEW MORE COINS THAT THE DELTA 4000 MISSED NOT A LOT BUT MISSING JUST ONE COIN COULD BE THAT RARE ONE . I NEVER TRIED THE ACE 250 BUT I DON'T SEE MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE JUST IN THE DISPLAY AND A FEW FEATURES . THE ONE BIG ADVANTAGE IS THE DELTA 4000 IS VERY LIGHT AND NICE TO SWING. I HOPE THIS MIGHT HELP YOU. WHAT EVER CHOICE YOU MAKE EITHER MACHINE IS GREAT. IT IS A GREAT HOBBY I LOVE IT. HAPPY HUNTING RICH

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I prefer to see target ID numbers like the Delta provide in lieu of just target segments that the Ace 250 has. The one thing the Ace has going for it is it comes stock with a DD coil over the concentric which is standard on most Deltas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread